K T Tunstall Invisible Empire/Crescent Moon

What's Hot
JfingersJfingers Frets: 412
I've had this album a while but not listened to it until today. It's recorded at Wavelab studios in Tucson and very much involved is Howe Gelb, one of my favorite musicians.

It's about her Father's death and her marriage breakdown it seems mostly. Just given it a good listen and I highly recommend it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    By far my favourite of her albums. I'm not actually that much of a fan of her others to be honest.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2398
    Mrs Keefy and I have got all her albums up to and including this one but we never warmed to it at the time - probably should get it out for another listen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14843
    I enjoyed the television documentary she made about Ivor Cutler. Perhaps, a tribute album of cover versions is in order?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14019
    From that album I like the guitar solo on Feel It All (band jam version), lovely tone and reverb/delay. 

Not a real KT fan so the rest of the album is pretty forgettable for me.

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 412
    Just for completeness, I'm in no way a huge KT fan.
    This is the only record of hers that I own/have listened to.

My late Dad really loved her Jools Holland solo performance of Black Horse and Cherry tree and had that,The White Stripes at Glastonbury and Nick Cave's The Proposition on his sky box and we stayed up late regularly to watch them together.

He taught me well and then I returned the compliment.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5523
    I think she’s excellent. Need to give that a good detailed listen. Awesome musician and songwriter. 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    by far her best Album, both in terms of production and song writing.