Fingle, fumble, thumble

What's Hot
TanninTannin Frets: 5450
Four easy chords making a nice little turnaround in G. Nothing difficult about any of them. But doing then in sequence at any sort of speed is tricky. I can think of about five different ways to finger these. I'm still tinkering around deciding which of those to adopt and stick to. Meanwhile, I reckon it's an interesting little puzzle to post.

3x303x
3x202x
3x101x
3x000x

PS: I *think* I might settle on Tx102x 4x102x 4x102x 4x000x though I'm not much of a thumbover guy. How would you play it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited August 2022
    I quite like the following fretting fingers: 4x102x 4x102x 4x102x 4x000x, which is probably a bit unconventional. But thumb-over fretting never feels comfortable to me. 

The first chord fingering is a bit scrunched up, but the overall sequence feels like it has a nice flow by keeping to the same fingers.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Tx102x 3x102x 4x102x 4x000x feels most natural to me. 

Or you could play it in open G...
  • I cant use the thumb over due to shorter fingers but I have become competent at muting the 5th string while fretting the 6th in a two fingered G chord with the pinkie on the first string G. These other incarnations might be worth a try as I enjoy using the common Cadd9 in a G type 'noodle.'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 20020x a handy one for a turnaround finger picking stuff in G.  Think it's another version of a D
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock