Rage tour cancelled

What's Hot
DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
Been trying to see RATM for 30 years and managed to get tickets for their Edinburgh gig in a fortnight's time.
Well, the band have just announced that the UK/Europe tour is cancelled due to Zack's health.
I obviously wish him well but I'm gutted.

Bother!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 5055
    Got tickets for Reading. 

Fuck.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited August 2022
    Thank fk I did not buy Reading tickets off Viagogo to see them.  I don't think I'd have got my money back.

EDIT for clarity:  I didn't get any tickets.
    Maneskin have cancelled as well.  So that's the only band I was going to see, plus the only other one I've actually heard of.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• DiscoStu said:
    Been trying to see RATM for 30 years and managed to get tickets for their Edinburgh gig in a fortnight's time.
    Well, the band have just announced that the UK/Europe tour is cancelled due to Zack's health.
    Gutted?! I'd be raging!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7430
    DiscoStu said:

Bother!
    Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me….unless you are my doctor.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    Oh no. Hope he's alright. I managed to see them Finsbury Park, someone I knew in the biz got us in. There were lots of children there which I found quite amusing. A band at my school in the 90s covered a Rage song and they were promptly hauled off to the principals office
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw Rage at Reading 93, that Friday was the first time I’d been to a proper gig. They were incredible, it’s still one of my all time live performances, the energy was off the scale. Hope Zack is ok. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
    It's actually the second time I've had Rage tickets and it'll be the second time I haven't seen them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DiscoStu said:
    It's actually the second time I've had Rage tickets and it'll be the second time I haven't seen them.
    Oh mate that is particularly bad luck
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2807
    DiscoStu said:
    I can empathise. I had tickets to Leeds 2020…
    roberty said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Oh mate that is particularly bad luck
    Aye I had tickets for the Barrowlands in 96. It was the last of three gigs that I was going to over the same weekend but the day before I ran out of money and was exhausted, plus got offered a lift back up the road (3.5 hour drive from Glasgow) so took it and went home.
    The other two gigs were forgettable, I totally should have went to RATM.
    Replaced with 'The 1975'.  That's an adequate alternative.

• roberty said:
    Oh no. Hope he's alright. 
    Well they are still doing US dates before and after, so take that how you will....
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    DiscoStu said:
    Can you let us know about any other shows you've bought tickets for, just so we can know to avoid them. :)
    mart said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Can you let us know about any other shows you've bought tickets for, just so we can know to avoid them. :)
    I've not seen Foo Fighters three times!
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    The 1975 as replacements for Leeds/Reading is absolutely dreadful!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well, I've heard of them.  But my entire exposure to their musical out put is...

...this morning's Heardle.

I'm assuming Ticketmaster are going to be cnuts about this.

Lol I just came here to post this. What a dreadful decade this is turning out to be

• ColsCols Frets: 7727
    roberty said:
    Oh no. Hope he's alright. 
    Well they are still doing US dates before and after, so take that how you will....
    To be fair, the “after” US gigs are from February 2023 onwards, by which time we would hope he’s all better.  And a European tour from August onwards with a gig in a different country every two days involves a lot of intensive travel.

He’s been doing every US gig since his injury in July sitting down, which must be an interesting look.
  • DiscoStu said:
    mart said:
    DiscoStu said:
    I've not seen Foo Fighters three times!
    You lucky barsteward! :-D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom