SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone have a 307 Peugeot convertible?

What's Hot
sawyersawyer Frets: 732
edited August 2022 in Personnel
As above, maybe looking for a bit of fun. Oh my God do we not deserve some fun!
Guy turned up at work with one and looked great! Any one have experience? Good or bad? Fancy a bit of frivolity and fun. Be nice as long  as they aren't  a pain in the butt. Always faced a drop top, but sensibility has always held me back. Ya or nay and 4 seat options at £4-£4500 . Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    I owned one from new. Great fun. Rock solid too…

Which engine are you looking at ?
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    1.6 to keep insurance down. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    Try and MX5. They're colossal amounts of fun.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I've had cabs for many years... they are so much fun, especially at night with the stars above you.

I've said to the wife that I always want a cab in the family; she now has a mini cab (superb fun too!), so that meets the need there.

The 307 cab I had was my 'leaving gift' from when I worked at Peugeot. It has the advantage of having a superb hard top, and is a fun car in its self. Ideally buy one with good service history, and check the roof is fine. Batteries are important on all cabs, so check this is good too.

I've since owned a couple of 3 series cabs, but the 307 still holds so many memories.

Ironically, after many years in the german camp, I've now gone back to a Peugeot - 308 2.0 GT.

This is wisdom. Even the old ones are rock solid, and put a smile on your face when you drive it.

Good luck in the search !!

• SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    Though you'd need two to get four seats. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited August 2022
    I've fancied an MX5 for a long time ,but sadly need 4 seats.
    There's a 307 in Harrogate with 50k miles for £3995 I'm considering. Im hoping as it's older with so few miles on its been a well cared for sunny day car, but who knows.
    Have a newer 2015 Hyundai i10s to part ex, so maybe an option.
    The powered roof does concern me slightly, bearing in mind the engineering and potential for something to go wrong. Is there a mechanical way to put them back on if the electrics fail?
    Thanks for opinions so far and further advice appreciated
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    I've had cabs for many years... they are so much fun, especially at night with the stars above you.

I've said to the wife that I always want a cab in the family; she now has a mini cab (superb fun too!), so that meets the need there.

The 307 cab I had was my 'leaving gift' from when I worked at Peugeot. It has the advantage of having a superb hard top, and is a fun car in its self. Ideally buy one with good service history, and check the roof is fine. Batteries are important on all cabs, so check this is good too.

I've since owned a couple of 3 series cabs, but the 307 still holds so many memories.

Ironically, after many years in the german camp, I've now gone back to a Peugeot - 308 2.0 GT.

This is wisdom. Even the old ones are rock solid, and put a smile on your face when you drive it.

Good luck in the search !!

They gave you that for free …..?
    Ah, I missed the 4 seat thing.  Two MX5s…?? :D 

I had a 10-day rental of a last-gen BMW 4-Series cab a few years back. No idea on pricing but that thing was awesome
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    sev112 said:
    They gave you that for free …..?
    They made him promised not to sell them another pedal as a conditional part of the sale contract...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Is it just me or does four people in a convertible just look a bit wrong?
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
    One person in a convertible looks wrong. Particularly men over a certain age.
    (I say this as a current owner of one,  also with previous form in the area :) )
    AK99 said:
    (I say this as a current owner of one,  also with previous form in the area :) )
    Nah, convertibles are ace if you live somewhere with appropriate weather. I've done many a roadtrip in hired softtops over the last few years. It's one of my favourite things in the world and I couldn't give a crap what anyone thinks of it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    Our drummer had one and said it was a bit on the heavy side... ie not so quick considering he had the 180bhp (I think) version. Loads of fun with the top down though.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

AK99 said:
    Nah, convertibles are ace if you live somewhere with appropriate weather. I've done many a roadtrip in hired softtops over the last few years. It's one of my favourite things in the world and I couldn't give a crap what anyone thinks of it
    Bang on.

Interestingly, cab/convertible sales are higher in the UK than anywhere else…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    I’ve got a 4 seater convertible. It’s great for short family trips out and for going off somewhere for a day trip with another couple. Love it. 
    And the boot is massive in the 307 cab.