Lovepedal Stax Master - Andertons

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
Lee Anderton's new signature pedal .. black and white .. sounds OK ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I did wonder why Andertons were jizzbombing their kecks over Lovepedal so much over the past year or so. Sounds ok, but they all do. Until you put another pedal in front of them. Ugly as sin, though.

I used to really quite like Lovepedal stuff, but they're so chain/rig dependent I couldn't ever keep anything for longer than 3 months.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7512
    edited September 2014
    lol I see a modded arion chorus

*harks to when vertex was a thing*

Sounds nice, but really dark - then again, the amp is set stupidly dark, too...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    edited September 2014
    If Lee Anderton is getting a signature pedal from anyone not named BYOC then I want a fucking artist deal with Gibson. I wouldn't dep a wedding out to him
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The first guy should have done the whole demo...ive watched too much of chappers and his playing gets a little boring.

The pedal is ok...nothing spectacular.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2014
    Hmmmm....I wonder where Lovepedal stole copied got the idea for this circuit from? 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclaps;348724" said:
    Hmmmm....I wonder where Lovepedal stole copied got the idea for this circuit from? 
    Where???
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Sounds horrible to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    electra distortion?
  • Dave_Mc said:
    electra distortion?
    I often wonder what would happen if you simply swapped the diodes in an Electra distortion.....hmmmmm.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Sounds awful.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    samzadgan said:
    The first guy should have done the whole demo...ive watched too much of chappers and his playing gets a little boring.

The pedal is ok...nothing spectacular.
    Rabea ? Yeah, he's ace
  • I thought it sounded a lot better through the Les Paul. 
    I didn't make it all the way through the video though. It was a little dull. 

I dont think the market really needs another dual button tube screamer-esque pedal. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Sounds like mud to me.  IMHO.

It'll sell shit loads.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• What a terrible sounding pedal.
  • lustycourtier;349255" said:
    What a terrible sounding pedal.
    Nah, I reckon the pedal is good.
    Let's face it, how many crap sounding circuits emerge these days?

Listen to the amp when he plays is with the effect off, I'm sure that's the problem. It's bloody awful sounding, might be better in the room. I know I need to set my amp quite different for recording than I do for playing in the room, so to speak.
  • lustycourtier;349255" said:
    What a terrible sounding pedal.
    Nah, I reckon the pedal is good. Quote

Listen to the amp when he plays is with the effect off, I'm sure that's the problem. It's bloody awful sounding, might be better in the room. I know I need to set my amp quite different for recording than I do for playing in the room, so to speak.
    what?!?!?!

Dont you just dime everything up to 10 so you get that just on the edge of breakup super tonez?!?!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • meltedbuzzbox;349299" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

lustycourtier;349255" said:What a terrible sounding pedal.

what?!?!?!

Dont you just dime everything up to 10 so you get that just on the edge of breakup super tonez?!?!
    Christ, if I set my amp on ten, I'd level half the village I think.
  • meltedbuzzbox;349299" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

lustycourtier;349255" said:What a terrible sounding pedal.

what?!?!?!

Christ, if I set my amp on ten, I'd level half the village I think.
    I haven't taken mine past 3.5.

and it doesn't break up anyway