Q4 22 Kits

GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
edited August 2022 in Making & Modding tFB Trader
If anybody is interested in building something a bit different from what we normally see in these Q challenges. I have a few things that are going to be at sensible prices for you (not as cheap as Chinese kits).

These guitars are not finished yet as you will see from the photos below, but it wouldn't take long to get them finished. 
The first 2 are SP6's, the Bodies are  Swampash with a quilt top, the necks are three-piece quarter sawn Maple with Rosewood fingerboards, lean back headstock. The neck are already made and fretted.

The body on the left is SOLD.

The above photo is an all  Swampash SP6 I made some time ago, this is the normal configuration of the SP6.

2 full fat LP's, mahogany bodies with plan Maple cap's, these are full thickness bodies so they're going to be a bit on the heavy side as per a normal LP. The necks are 3 piece Mahogany with a Rosewood fingerboard with acrylic blocking lies. As you can see from the photos there are not routed for anything yet, they were initially going to be gold tops so can be routed for P90s. The body and necks will be bound. I can't give you the weight of these as there is still a lot of work to do to the body, but I would think they will be round the 9 to 9 1/2 pound. The neck's will be glued in and fully fretted, headstocks drilled for whatever tuners you plan to use.

I haven't put a price on them as this will depend on how much work I have to do and the type of work that needs to be done to finish them. Because they're in the state of build they can be routed for whatever pick up configuration you want. The SP6's were built to have a TC bridge and control plate with a P90 or a humbucker in the neck. 

As a guide price the SP6's will be round about £320, and the full fat LP's will be round about £420.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    Hi Graham

I'm most tempted to grab one of the SP6s.

Are the bodies routed, under the caps, for the standard pickup types, or are they still un-routed? 

I wouldn't need any routing done!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Hi Graham

I'm most tempted to grab one of the SP6s.

Are the bodies routed, under the caps, for the standard pickup types, or are they still un-routed? 

I wouldn't need any routing done!

There is no routing on the bodies whatsoever, they are not chambered. Do you want the neck pocket routed to fit the necks.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• Are the full fat LPs still available?