SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Shijie TM

What's Hot
EvoEvo Frets: 325
Long shot, I know. 

Can’t imagine there’s many of these kicking around but if anybody has a Shijie TM (or a lead on where one might be hiding) then shoot me a message!

Thanks everyone!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MalCoxMalCox Frets: 9
    Did you get one? I have a Shijie SSE and it;s a great guitar but I really like the look of the TM6
  • EvoEvo Frets: 325
    Yes, I did end up getting a TM-5 direct from Shijie in the end. 

It was a toss up between the tm-5 and tm-6 for me but at the end of the day the 5 won out on price and the extra features of the 6 weren’t really anything I was going to use. 

I spoke to Shijie and they recommended I go for the 5 (they also recommended the open coil pickups as they thought they sounded better than the covered ones). 

Just give me a shout if there’s anything you want to know
  • MalCoxMalCox Frets: 9
    Thanks, from what I can gather, the main differences are body wood, nickel rather than SS frets and p/ups? 

• EvoEvo Frets: 325
    Yes, as well as the active gain boost on one of the pots for the TM-6. I also prefer the locking tuners on the TM-5. 

It's worth mentioning that the maple tops on the 5s are a proper thick cap as well, not just a veneer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom