What mod can I do to utilise the extra tone knob on a strat?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Lewy said:
    It's not the cheapest but I'm a big fan of the KingTone Switch which is a rotary switch that goes in that second tone knob position and allows you to switch in and out a treble bleed (and has mini dip switches for what type of treble bleed you want) and then has positions which add varying degrees of capacitance. The first few clicks make things sound progressively warmer and more "vintage" and the last couple give you some usable honky sounds. Combined with different pickup selections there's a lot of different tones available. 
    Sounds interesting but yeah pricey! £109 !!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:

I have it wired as V-T-T; one tone for the bridge and the other tone controls the neck and middle pickups...  I am thinking perhaps I change it to V-V-T, basically having one volume for the bridge and one for the neck/middle and a solitary master tone; thoughts??
    It can be done, if you prefer the faff of adjusting two volume controls :).

Yeah, I'm not sure where my head is at with it all really, just a musing more than anything serious...  I do like the idea of a DFA knob though as opposed the second tone LOL
    I'm not really a knob dialler other than turning the volume fully off... I used to ride the volume a lot when I was in my Angus role, and I can't remember the last time I used a tone pot; it seems like a nice to have.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom