Wiring emg components to a standard strat?

Anyone know how to do it? As it what connects to where? 

I'd like to wire in an EXG control that I have and also an SPC

I say 'standard strat' but it does have EMG pickups so it does have a power supply already for the board. What I don't have is all the solderless gubbins, so no obvious way to attach them.

This is a pic of the back of the boards:

Anyone?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74484
    Solder the wires to the pins, preferably with heatshrink tubing over the top. What goes where is printed on the PCBs…

Better than the solderless connectors.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    ICBM said:
    What goes where is printed on the PCBs…
    Yeah I can see that! But a bozo like me doesn't get how that relates to wiring?? I get +ve and ground, but I don't know where input and output go to? 

I can follow a wiring diagram no problem, but the knowledge of what is actually going on is lost on me.
    Connect the middle terminal of the volume pot to the input of the first one, the output of the first to the input of the second, and the output of the second to the jack. I don’t know which order, you may have to try it both ways and see what works best - according to this the EXG goes first, but that’s with a different second unit.

https://www.emgpickups.com/pub/media/Mageants/e/x/exg_press_0230-0164a.pdf

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15264
    Is the existing EMG harness hard-wired, Quik Connect™ or a hybrid of the two?

If your EMG harness is already fully solderless, you simply rearrange the short interconnect cables until you have:

Master volume > SPC > EXG.

For each of the accessories, the input block connector plugs in the normal way up (arrowhead pointer showing) but the output block needs to plug on upside down. 

Thus, the connected wire colour sequence across an accessory's PCB will be white, black, black, white, red.

Each accessory requires its own +9v feed. Connect the red wire from the battery clip to either an EMG Buss Board or one of those skinny red block thingies. Distribute the supply from there.

TBH, for my tastes, I would prefer to have Volume, Master VLPF (lower tone knob), SPC (upper tone knob). 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.

Master volume > SPC > EXG.
    Since Funkfingers appears to have experience with both these units, I would take that as good advice.

So:

Volume control middle terminal > SPC input
    SPC output > EXG input
    EXG output > jack

Everything else as you expect - Volts/V+ to common + power, grounds (just one each on each unit) to ground (on volume pot) :).

Solder the wires to the pins - I would solder them 'end on' with a few mm overlap, having first put a piece of heatshink long enough to cover the joint and the entire pin onto the wire.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Many thanks both for the helpful advice!