Bill Turnbull

What's Hot
Didn’t know the bloke of course but felt like I did from his years on BBC breakfast . Seemed like a favourite uncle.

66 is no age nowadays :-(
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    He was such a lovely chap, perfect for brekkie TV. RIP Bill.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn’t know much about him but seemed a nice man, quietly competent rather than a celeb, kept dogs and bees. RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    quite literally I heard it announced in the other toom  -  Id concur with the previous comments.  

Another reminder for us gents of a certain age to get things checked,  regularly 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, this is really sad news. His Channel 4 documentary about his illness was outstanding. Genuinely gutted. RIP Bill.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22971
    I didn’t know much about him but seemed a nice man, quietly competent rather than a celeb, kept dogs and bees. RIP. 
    I'd forgotten about the bees, that reminded me that a friend of mine knew Bill Turnbull through a mutual interest in beekeeping.

It's sad news.  He seemed - as everyone's saying - a very nice man with a sense of humour which worked very nicely for the shows he presented.  It was quite upsetting to see the side-effects of the treatments he endured.  RIP.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Shocker!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.