SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Pending - PRS Modern Eagle Quatro - £3000 ONO

What's Hot
GrampaGrampa Frets: 1000
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
I have a 2011 MEQ in excellent original condition that spends most of it's time in it's case under the bed. As good as it is I actually prefer my modified SE. I've received a speculative offer but can't find anything to reference against although the standard McCarty's seem to be holding their value extremely well.

I've got a strong hankering for a PRS Fiore and the Mrs would have kittens if I bought one while having the MEQ sat in it's pretty Paisley box. Don't think she comprehends the difference as in her world it's "just another guitar".

Many thanks as always
Grampa
My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any pics
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RebarRebar Frets: 138
    PRS values always seem to be volatile. However, based on a quick look at Reverb, I'm guessing around £2700?

Paul Reed Smith PRS Modern Eagle Quatro Black Gold ~ XLNT https://reverb.com/item/944310-paul-reed-smith-prs-modern-eagle-quatro-black-gold-xlnt?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=944310

Without photos, it's hard to be more definite, as some colours and finishes seem to attract a higher premium from what I can gather.

Finally, it's interesting that you find that you prefer your modded SE as an ME is one of those 'grail' guitars for a lot of people. Good luck with whatever you decide to do
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 1000
    edited September 2022
    wellsyboy said:
    Any pics
    https://i.imgur.com/nP1GVnZ.jpg
    Looks even better in the flesh.
  • Grampa said:
    wellsyboy said:
    Any pics
    https://i.imgur.com/nP1GVnZ.jpg
    Looks even better in the flesh.
    I'd definitely take new pics in daylight window light. That fluorescent lighting is not kind. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Finally, it's interesting that you find that you prefer your modded SE as an ME is one of those 'grail' guitars for a lot of people. Good luck with whatever you decide to do
    2017 PRS SE ZM - Cream T Whiskerbuckers. Electronics upgraded to Switchcraft, CTS etc. Gotoh locking tuners, Graphtec nut. Low action strung with Optiweb 9's - Plays like a dream and sounds absolutely divine, especially when played clean with a touch of chorus and reverb. What's not to like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    I'd definitely take new pics in daylight window light. That fluorescent lighting is not kind. 
    @Winny_PoohWill do if it turns in to a for sale thread 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4321
    edited September 2022
    Grampa said:
    @Winny_PoohWill do if it turns in to a for sale thread 
    Well it's in the classifieds section, so I think it already is one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Grampa said:
    @Winny_Pooh - Will do if it turns in to a for sale thread 
    Well it's in the classifieds section, so I think it already is one!
    OK, in that case 2011 PRS MEQ £3000 ONO - Collection preferred.

More pics available on request.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that's a bargain, mint custom 22s are £2k plus at the moment, prs seem to be having a surge in value lately 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom