SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - cheap(er) fun electric

What's Hot
as the title says basically. I have a backup Tele at the moment which is really worth too much for how little it gets used - so considering moving it on for something cheaper (but still good, reliable etc) and maybe a little more left-field

thinking in the £150-250 ballpark, things like Danelectros, Burns, etc. Fire away!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrampaGrampa Frets: 1000
    edited September 2022
    Jet JT-350 - Around £150 second hand and pretty exceptional for the money.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1727
    It would be remiss not to mention Harley Benton and Fazely guitars on the super cheap end.

s/h Danelectros seem to have crept up in price recently. Still lots of value in Burns but weren't they mostly strat shaped?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    GoFish said:
    It would be remiss not to mention Harley Benton and Fazely guitars on the super cheap end.

s/h Danelectros seem to have crept up in price recently. Still lots of value in Burns but weren't they mostly strat shaped?
    absolutely, but i guess the headstock, split pickguard, coil tap options makes them different enough to be good for me. Just not wanting straight up standards Teles/Stats
  • A_T_W said:
    I have a backup Tele at the moment which is really worth too much for how little it gets used 
    What make/model is it? Perhaps, you can negotiate a trade with cash difference your way.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I'm selling a Westbury standard for £265... Based in Stockbridge. 

40 year old, mij with the original dimarzio super distortion pickups. 

Got someone on Gumtree supposedly coming on Saturday, but if they don't show up you're welcome to check it out. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Awesome, thanks @stimpsonslostson ;

i'm more of a single coils guy but that does look fun and vintage is always good - so do give me a heads up on how it goes
  • You can’t go wrong with a vintage. 
  • Harley Benton TE-90FLT Orange Blast  £120 - great condition - I'm based in Swansea. Insanely good for the money imo  !
  • Cort M600 or Yamaha Pacifica of any interest - Livingston
  • That dano is a steal 
  • My Westbury just sold. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That dano is a steal 
    yep, someone else must have grabbed it - just as I was getting myself ready to click buy as well!

got myself a Classic Vibe Mustang, but still looking out for stuff here as might do some A/Bing to decide which one fits the vibe I want most (and I've read some Mustang vibrato horror stories over the weekend ...)
  • I have a 2001-ish Ibanez SA160 in dark blue that I bought as a project. It needs work on the frets, and pickups to be installed. BUT, the fingerboard is DARK, DARK rosewood, and the body is mahogany. It has the original trem with the hinged saddles. I got it working for a bit but moved onto something else.

I have hung onto it to have it worked on some day, but I do actually prefer 24-frets over 22. It was £50 when I bought it, with a missing back plate. PM me if you're interested. You pay the courier though.
  • MiscusernameMiscusername Frets: 58
    edited September 2022
    Harley Benton Fusion-II in purple with a Floyd Rose.
    Lovely satin neck, stainless frets, Grover tuners, and I've replaced the collar in the trem with an Original part so the arm screws in properly.
    Doesn't get more fun than whammy abuse!
    120 plus postage and is yours. Will throw in a decent Tribal Planet gig bag with it.

• xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1116
    Harley Benton Fusion-II in purple with a Floyd Rose.
    Lovely satin neck, stainless frets, Grover tuners, and I've replaced the collar in the trem with an Original part so the arm screws in properly.
    Doesn't get more fun than whammy abuse!
    120 plus postage and is yours. Will throw in a decent Tribal Planet gig bag with it.

If AWT doesn't fancy that i'll throw my hat in the ring for it ;) PM'ed

I have a Fusion III tele in Shell pink im thicking of moving on, this model

If that ticks the FUN box let me know

Cheers