strat project

What's Hot
Hello everyone , I ve got a strat which a gift from my friend and i m looking to mod it (make it smaller body , refinish, etcs ) does anyone would interesting about and work with me , i m based in london , its a MIM strat , fantastic neck just the body is way heavy

thank you so much 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tjoe said:
    make it smaller body , refinish, etc. …  its a MIM strat, fantastic neck just the body is way heavy
    The options for body weight reduction tend to rely on wood removal.

The easiest to do - and keep hidden - is unifying the pickup cavities and wiring channel into a single rectangle.

Other forms of weight reduction would involve either trimming from the body outline à la Jackson Dinky or hollowing out portions of the body. Either of these options involves a lot of work, followed by extensive refinishing. The economics of this are highly disadvantageous.

IMO, the smart option is to sell the Fender body in its original condition and purchase a replacement of a more suitable weight.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TjoeTjoe Frets: 14
    hello, thank you for that, i think its the way, i might consider selling the body as parts and look for another one, cheers !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom