Steve Vai Documentary

What's Hot
Might be of interest - on Youtube: 

It's been done with his endorsement. No idea if it's actually any good or not as I haven't had time to watch it yet.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Interesting. I shall have to find time for this, I was a BIG fanboy back in the 90s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Been waiting for this to drop 
  • Been waiting for this to drop 
    I only saw about it 3 days ago. So tired that I promptly forgot and missed the opportunity to watch it when I had the time today. Blaming our toddler for that.
  • It's been done with his endorsement. No idea if it's actually any good or not as I haven't had time to watch it yet.
    Vai is credited as co-writer. The general narrative is almost entirely positive. Not a bad word for anybody. Little or no mention of any jeopardy that could have taken the career off course or ended it.

Somewhere between hagiography and myth making.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • It's been done with his endorsement. No idea if it's actually any good or not as I haven't had time to watch it yet.
    Vai is credited as co-writer. The general narrative is almost entirely positive. Not a bad word for anybody. Little or no mention of any jeopardy that could have taken the career off course or ended it.

I've watched a bit over half now and there's nothing in there that hasn't popped up in interviews or other media before. Apart from the bit about eating some cat food, which wasn't terribly interesting...
  • Splendid stuff.  Watched it now.  He's such a grafter.  I imagine imagine a similar video of my life would not be nearly so impressive :lol:   Amazing how much he included in those early recordings before proper modern digital DAWs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m looking forward to watching this  currently relying on but wi fi hotspots for internet which disconnect you a lot so might save for later when I get set up in the new house 

I've watched a bit over half now and there's nothing in there that hasn't popped up in interviews or other media before. Apart from the bit about eating some cat food, which wasn't terribly interesting...
    If that's the secret, I'll do it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

If that's the secret, I'll do it!
    Second half better. I got some cat food on my hands this morning, can't stand the stuff - there are limits!  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1414
    Fell asleep tbh. Looking back, definitely an attempt to rewrite history- in particular the whitesnake era. On his own website (it was what it was) and historical interviews suggest it wasn’t his proudest moment….. accepting £1m (allegedly) but it funded passion and warfare so a means to an end.
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • I watched it a week or so ago.  I'm not a huge fan of his, but I really enjoyed it.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7441
    Don't think I've ever got through that Whitesnake album. Was hoping it'd be like when he was in DLR but can't even remember any of his playing on it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    DefaultM said:
    Don't think I've ever got through that Whitesnake album. Was hoping it'd be like when he was in DLR but can't even remember any of his playing on it.
    'Kittens Got Claws' is on the Vai anthology album. It's the usual Coverdale sexist shite, basically - Vai's playing is OK but no more, it's probably the least good track on the anthology and I suspect only on there because they thought they had to include one from that episode...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein