SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Gibson LP Special TV Yellow 2019 £975 shipped

What's Hot
UHASUHAS Frets: 137
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
Gibson LP Special in TV Yellow brought from here, another of my forever guitars that lasted a lifetime, or 18 months as its known in the trade! Bought from Mikej for a little more than Im selling here, It has a Faber tail piece and Oil City Masterwound Alnico 3 P90s fitted. Mike got rid of the old bits in his words "these are better , why keep the old ones?". Again £975 Shipped for a superb guitar in Excellent condition and apart from a little scratch plate swirl. 

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cracking price for the LP Special, especially with the upgrades! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UHASUHAS Frets: 137
    bump
    bump
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 562
    If some of my guitars up for sale here go, I'm coming for that special!!
    Bump
    Price Drop Bump
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have crossed paths with the Jim Root strat a few times and whilst its an excellent guitar, the case it comes in is probably my favourite fender do! Better than most custom shops come in!
    Agreed, I have a second Jim Root which is in the old plastic case, the B&W tweed is so much nicer.
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
  • What's the neck profile like? Would you be open to trades?
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4824
    What's the neck profile like? Would you be open to trades?
      based on the Les Paul Junior with a slab mahogany body, fat 50s-style mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, wraparound bridge

google is a wonderful thing
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10512
    rlw said:
    Unnecessary. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rlw said:
      based on the Les Paul Junior with a slab mahogany body, fat 50s-style mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, wraparound bridge

I've played juniors/specials with tiny necks, massive necks and everything inbetween. Hence me asking what this specific guys is like.

As well as the lol, wow and wisdom icons we definitely need a "don't be a cock" icon
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    rlw said:

I've played juniors/specials with tiny necks, massive necks and everything inbetween. Hence me asking what this specific guys is like.

As well as the lol, wow and wisdom icons we definitely need a "don't be a cock" icon
    My 2020 Cherry Special is pretty bulky. Not as fat as my R7 neck but a bit more square in the shoulders. If you like fat necks you won't be left wanting

Wildwood measure all their guitars at the 1st and 12th frets which makes a good resource for getting the range within a particular model https://wildwoodguitars.com/?s=les+paul+special

Gibson USA have been making great guitars for the past few years, some really nice mahogany on mine. Played a couple of recent Standards too which were superb
    Sorry I missed the original message as i thought I’d just been pointed to another angry rant post. Anyway, it’s quite a rounded 59 type neck, I have. 2005 dc which is same depth but quite squared shoulders which was a bit of a bargain, so selling this one as I prefer double cuts. 
  • Yeah, my LP Special TV Yellow has a beefy 50s neck too. It took a little bit of adjustment after years of playing my 60s neck ES-335, but I can change from one to the other without problems now.

It's a fab guitar and far cooler and more unusual than boring old sunburst Standards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom