SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Gibson LP Special TV Yellow 2019 £975 shipped

What's Hot

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4823
    edited October 2022
    rlw said:
    What's the neck profile like? Would you be open to trades?
      google is a wonderful thing
    Unnecessary. 

Sorry but it hacks me right off when people can't be bothered to do a little bit of their own research. 

And I woke up with a splitting tension headache and a bad mood.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    rlw said:
      based on the Les Paul Junior with a slab mahogany body, fat 50s-style mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, wraparound bridge

I've played juniors/specials with tiny necks, massive necks and everything inbetween. Hence me asking what this specific guys is like.

As well as the lol, wow and wisdom icons we definitely need a "don't be a cock" icon

Sorry but the information is right there on Gibson's website.  See post above.
  • rlw said:
    rlw said:
      based on the Les Paul Junior with a slab mahogany body, fat 50s-style mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, wraparound bridge

I've played juniors/specials with tiny necks, massive necks and everything inbetween. Hence me asking what this specific guys is like.

As well as the lol, wow and wisdom icons we definitely need a "don't be a cock" icon

If you read the for sale post it doesn't mention what year it is and my experience of pretty everything gibson has eras and spec changes. Ive also seen two identical looking juniors from the same year and month and have different necks
    rlw said:
    rlw said:

If you read the for sale post it doesn't mention what year it is and my experience of pretty everything gibson has eras and spec changes. Ive also seen two identical looking juniors from the same year and month and have different necks

True.  Looking at it and reading the ad I assumed it was one of the current ones - 2018/19 onwards? - but it doesn't specify.

You are forgiven ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited October 2022
    Going by the serial number on the back of the headstock, Its a 2019.

Lovely guitar, GLWTS

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UHASUHAS Frets: 137
    Bump
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10512
    edited October 2022
    rlw said:
    rlw said:
    rlw said:

True.  Looking at it and reading the ad I assumed it was one of the current ones - 2018/19 onwards? - but it doesn't specify.

You are forgiven
    No, you are forgiven. ;) 
    Bump 
    Bump

• I'm amazed you haven't sold this yet. They're fantastic and unusual guitars, and people don't know what they're missing. I hope you get it sold soon.
    As above.  I had a yellow one and now have a cherry one.  Absolutely brilliant bit of kit and hitting £1600 new from some shops so this is a bargain.
    I thought it would have gone by now, especially following my flipper mantra of "buy cheap, sell cheaper" however I guess there's a lot more penny watching happening these days?
    edited October 2022
    Roll up , Roll up, Its gotta go, £975 Shipped.
    Bump
    Bump
    bump
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    It makes me weep that lovely pieces like this at very nice prices are not shifting. 

Mainly because I have a couple of equally lovely pieces that I would like to shift. Sniff. 

I hope it finds a good home soon: the gears of GAS must keep turning or else we're all sunk. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    I know, am similarly a mixture of surprised,  pleased,  in trouble,  that this hasn't sold.  It looks lovely,  especially with the upgrades,  but I'm likewise unable to purchase anything else until I can sell something else...
    I think everyone is feeling the pinch at the moment, sales  are definitely slowing
  • It's like that recent thread "I'd be all over this if....", but it's true. I'd likely be all over this if only I could sell one of my Guitars. Or if the OP wanted to Trade or if our locations were more suitable to a meet up if I had the right trade.

There are so many variables that have to fall into "The Goldilocks Zone" for want of a better phrase  :)

I find the neck profiles a bit of a handful on these, but they are such gorgeous Guitars, I'd probably be willing to just suck it up and get used to it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.