SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn from sale : £3600 2013 Gibson Custom Shop R9 Les Paul Lemonburst

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• My only other option would be a Thomas Nash tele plus cash. Details available if interested
    Regards Mark 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My only other option would be a Thomas Nash tele plus cash. Details available if interested
    Regards Mark 
    Yeah. DM me what your thinking and a pic if possible please
  • Bump 
  • TTT
  • PALPAL Frets: 576
    You are selling your guitar at really low price if you can hold on to it because prices are rising check out the current price
      of a similar guitar you will see your guitar is worth more than your asking price. Good luck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My impression was they would go down as a result of the economic downturn?
  • AjayeffAjayeff Frets: 29
    My impression was they would go down as a result of the economic downturn?
    The market’s in a strange place right now. People are holding onto cash and trade seems to be popular. No doubt it’s a very competitive price but at the same time it hasn’t flown off the shelf :-/ What something is listed for and what it sells for are two different things. I’ve heard dealers recently pulling out a buying R9’s at around this price point. I think some people are gambling on the hope that once the economy picks up sometime in the next couple of years by logic prices will too but the market may not fully recover and their maybe a further downturn in the economy. Personally I wouldn’t second guess. If you can afford to wait then wait. If you want to sell and you’re happy with the price then go ahead. It is for the current market a good price. Good luck :-) 
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    edited October 2022
    I actually wanted to sell to secure another guitar on the forum and thought it would go quickly at this price. As you say - its all a bit fickle and I actually may withdraw and re-evaluate. Why are dealers pulling out at this price point ??? Just curious. 
    I lirobmac5150 said:
    I actually wanted to sell to secure another guitar on the forum and thought it would go quickly at this price. As you say - its all a bit fickle and I actually may withdraw and re-evaluate. Why are dealers pulling out at this price point ??? Just curious. 
    I have no idea tbh. They may be concentrating on the lower end of the market with less profit but potentially quicker sales. People tend to play it safe and hold off on buying when the economy goes belly up. My view is level out what you lose in selling with what you offer on the other guitar. Someone buys your R9 for a bargain and you buy the guitar you really want for a bargain. That’s the theory anyway! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So another dude on here selling his R9 for roughly the same price as you & also has yet to get a sale. He posted his response from the dealer that was going to buy his R9 from him but pulled out of the deal. Something to do with cash flow being used up on previous purchases and need to balance the books for the month. Looks like they’re busy buying. I think if people are anything like me they’re seeing these fantastic guitars at great prices but it’s still a luxury item for most of us. For dealers it’s just stock.  :-/ 
  • Absolutely - I get that. Profit margin is king and all that....
  • Withdrawn as I was hoping for a quick sale and opportunity has passed.