Cloudbusting - Kate Bush tribute band

What's Hot
M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
edited September 2022 in Music
I am well aware that Kate Bush can be a bit marmite, and that this may not be the best place to be posting this but here goes.
Mrs M1ck and I went to see Cloudbusting last night at Whitley Bay Playhouse, if I’m honest I only went to keep the peace, as Mrs M1ck is a big fan of KB. Cloudbusting are a five piece tribute band playing the music of Kate Bush, and before the show I was a bit skeptical given KBs ‘unique’ voice and approach to music. 
What a show! The singer Mandy was note perfect throughout, absolutely mesmerizing, and it all seemed so effortless to her, ok she didn’t do the dancing thing but we were well entertained for almost 2 1/2 hours, a journey through time with old and newer tracks. This is Cloudbustings Love and Anger tour so it wasn’t all about the hits, some of it was the more obscure music from KB but when they played the hits the crowd almost raised the roof. The band were so tight with only a couple of sound glitches throughout but given the quality of the sound and the show it’s easy to forgive those glitches, chances are most people probably didn’t even notice them. 
Anyway if you like KB and her music you’ll almost certainly enjoy the show - we would definitely go and see Cloudbusting again.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Well, I love Kate Bush...mostly 1985 onwards, tbh...there that's out of the way ;)

I even got tickets for one of the Hammersmith gigs in 2014!

@Danny1969 here is the guitarist in 'Kate Bush-ka'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5012
    Wow!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:
    Wow!
    That was almost funny...Don't Give Up ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10634
    edited September 2022
    Cloudbusting are great, seen them and very much enjoyed it. 

I'm biased obviously but I prefer Katy Smith in Kate Bush-ka, the band I play in ..... she can do that super high voice of early KB and also does all the movements and costume changes .  I actually spend most of the gig memorised by her, she really is something. The rest of the band is superb as well, the best musicians I've had the pleasure of playing with. 

This is the last year of Kate Bush-ka as Katy's original band, Slant have been signed up by Wet Legs management, as sad as I am it's nearly over Katy has written some great stuff and Slant deserve a crack at making it, they certainly can write some good songs. 

The remaining shows are close to or sold out but here's the list anyone 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2869
    Thanks for that @Danny1969 - booked for Maidenhead 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Need to check my calendar but I may also make the Maidenhead gig. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969 said:

Slant have been signed up by Wet Legs management

The things that come up when you web search "Wet Legs Management"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3357
    I've seen Cloudbusting on several occasions and they're superb. They did a scaled down  intimate gig and they had Del Palmer (KB's ex-partner, producer and bassist) on bass. He had some great stories and they're well worth seeing.

@Danny1969 I'd like to see Kate Bush - Ka before they fold and I hear very good things about you guys
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom