Arrangement for 'Strong' by London Grammar

CleckoClecko Frets: 297
edited September 2022 in Music
Hi all,

I've said I'll play some guitar to support a local singer for some open mic nights and one of the songs she'd like to do is Strong by London Grammar.

It's pretty straightforward, but I think I'm going to need to use some looping to fill it out with the base chords and some ringing notes as delivered by the piano/guitar on the original. Ideally I'd add some toggle-able crescendo-y orchestral/synth sounds, too. 

Anyone have any good ideas advice on how to approach a guitar-only arrangement for this? I couldn't find a lot online. I'll probably be using a Helix straight into the desk. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdDYevWGRg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19543
    Edit breaky linky.
  • Have to say, looking on Youtube, I rather like the stripped back covers like the one by Linda Hedstrom, which has a pretty minimalist guitar accompaniment. I'm a big fan of London Grammar, and find Hannah Reid's singing amazing.
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 297
    Have to say, looking on Youtube, I rather like the stripped back covers like the one by Linda Hedstrom, which has a pretty minimalist guitar accompaniment. I'm a big fan of London Grammar, and find Hannah Reid's singing amazing.
    Yep, I heard that and think it's nice. I've been experimenting with laying a simple loop of the three verse chords and playing the high notes with lots of delay though and it's working well. I'll probably screw it up in front of an audience!
    Edit breaky linky.
    Thanks - think I've fixed it. This UI, man!