SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: TL- 52 Made in Japan Telecaster

smfacersmfacer Frets: 32
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
Time has come to move this on as it just doesn't get played any more.
Was my main guitar for a couple of years before lockdown when I was in a 50's/60's cover band, playing at the Cavern every weekend.

Not pictured are a couple of minor scars on headstock from being knocked againd the cavern ceiling (ther'es not much room there)
Also not shown in these pictures, but will add as soon as I get the chance, is the fact the Pickups have been changed to Fender custom shop 51 nocasters after the JBE Gatton one's pictured here died and would be more expensive to fix than replace.

Joe Barden bridge with compensated saddles fitted when I bought the guitar, but will also include the original vintage style.

Wiring has also been upgraded from the stock japanese parts to a premium vintage style kit from Charles guitars and also added Callaham bakelite pickguard at the same time, will get some additional pics up this evening.

Plays beautifully, has quite a slim neck profile as opposed to the usual chunky 50's neck. has a fair bit of wear on the frets, so could use a bit of attention.

No case but does come with flimsy gigbag

Collection preferred or could meet/deliver within 30 miles of Preston, Lancs

Will add more pics as soon as I'm home but can answer any questions 

looking for around £550 ONO
NOW SOLD

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• smfacersmfacer Frets: 32
    edited January 2023
    EDIT: New images added showing new pickups and pickguard in place (can include old pickguard as well) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Price dropped from £600 to £550 ONO
    No longer looking for trades 
    Tax return day bump
  • enjoenjo Frets: 280
    That's a bargain - love my TL-52, it has replaced everything else.
    GLWTS.