Sam Fender

What's Hot
KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19543
edited September 2022 in Music
Not an artist that would regularly feature on my music playing lists, but I have been hearing a lot of very positive things regarding the lad & have been impressed by his skill & confidence at such a relatively young age.
After reading this article, he now has my admiration for his self awareness & attitude.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-62884039
Good on you bonny lad.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yeah.... I've just read this news. Feel a bit embarrassed as I live in the North East, and only took note of his songs fairly recently having come across "Seventeen Going Under". The set he and his band did at Glastonbury went down really well....probably still available to watch on iPlayer. I've since bought the CD, and there's a lot of good songs on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'That Sound' it a good track.
  • He's fantastic. Great songs, great lyrics, great band and clearly seems to have his head screwed on right.

While I'm sure I'd be gutted if I had tickets that got cancelled it's gotta be a good thing overall when someone in his position takes an honest stance rather than play through a tour while burned out.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Think his lyrics and delivery are sometimes genuinely moving in a similar (but way more mainstream) way to Richard Dawson, but the music so far is way, way too heavily derivative of War on Drugs with a dash of Springsteen. It'll be interesting to see if he finds his own sound, or just plunders a different source for the next album.