This popped up in my YouTube suggestion list

What's Hot
This is not clickbait, it popped up in my YouTube list.  

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7229
    I've tried to watch some of his videos, but he rambles on for so long about his inspirations and experiences and about the background to the actual subject for far too long, and the subject of the video isn't apparent until a long way into the video.  I would like to be able to watch his videos, because he is a very competent guitarist, but if he was a music teacher or a public speaker most of is audience would be asleep within the first 3 minutes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10410
    The hardest part about playing Happy Birthday is quickly working out the best key for however you are working with to sing it in. Seen it go wrong a few times key wise :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • BillDL said:
    I've tried to watch some of his videos, but he rambles on for so long about his inspirations and experiences and about the background to the actual subject for far too long, and the subject of the video isn't apparent until a long way into the video.  I would like to be able to watch his videos, because he is a very competent guitarist, but if he was a music teacher or a public speaker most of is audience would be asleep within the first 3 minutes.
    Completely agree with this assessment of the man. A complete waffler.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5450
    Watched the first 30 seconds ... waffle, waffle. Flicked forward ... waffle, waffle. And again. And again. One last time for luck. No dice.

Nope. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1411
    I'm sorry to say this, but it most certainly is clickbait, as is your title.

Even if the content is good it can still be clickbait.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 539
    It is click bait. Waste of time !
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    It may be a waste of your time @PAL but I found the video useful.  I do not expect to find guitar videos in my YouTube suggested viewing box, I am more a DIY, Golf, Cooking type viewer.

The guy explains things that some might think as waffle but he gets his point across in that video.  I presume he has other videos online, these I cannot comment on as I did not see any of them.

But it is good to know that you can play Happy Birthday To You without thinking about it or practicing it before the need arises.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I used to pick out the jingles from the adverts on TV. Good little exercise that, if you happen to be watching TV with adverts
  • PALPAL Frets: 539
    Rocker said:
    It may be a waste of your time @PAL but I found the video useful.  I do not expect to find guitar videos in my YouTube suggested viewing box, I am more a DIY, Golf, Cooking type viewer.

The guy explains things that some might think as waffle but he gets his point across in that video.  I presume he has other videos online, these I cannot comment on as I did not see any of them.

But it is good to know that you can play Happy Birthday To You without thinking about it or practicing it before the need arises.
    I am not the only one who though it was a waste of time but you chose to pick me out !
    We are all allowed an opinion which maybe different to someone else . If it works for you fine that's good.
    Can I play happy birthday yes of course but then after over fifty years of playing it shouldn't be a problem.
    We are all at different levels  so I feel any input from anyone can help someone evaluate something otherwise they wouldn't
    post it on a forum ! The clue is in the title it's a forum all views are there for people to agree or disagree with !
  • I think that the same information is there in other more relatable formats and guitar teachers. I have just come across a teacher named Jared Burkowlski? (spelling) and he seems decent. Very informative too. He even shows how to play Happy Birthday nicely too.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I can beat that, I can't play 97% of what I watch on YouTube.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337

Clickbait: typically refers to the practice of writing sensationalized or misleading headlines in order to attract clicks on a piece of content. It often relies on exaggerating claims or leaving out key information in order to encourage traffic. The term is generally used in a dismissive sense.

There is no hint of what the video is about. Definitely clickbait!