SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Paul Reed Smith 2009 DGT 10 top - £1800- traded

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2217
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
I've been umming and ahhing about this for quite some time. And well now is the time. I've had this guitar since 2014, and although it's a lovely thing I've not touched it in months. These don't come up for sale that often, so I figure that must mean they are worth hanging onto.
The good the bad and the ugly.

The good- look at it! it's a gorgeous guitar and it was a grail guitar for me for quite some time. I decided to upgrade the nut, as the other one was on it's way out. This was expertly done by Sico just outside of Bristol, for my money he's the best tech in the southwest. He used to be based in the Waghorn guitars shop. https://www.facebook.com/sicosetups

The bad- this guitar is not your typical PRS shelf queen, it has a few chips and scratches on it. I figure that stops you stressing about making a fresh one. Also these come free, Fender and Gibson often charge you for that sort of thing. Notable chips, one near the front pickup on the maple cap. I had one touched up (if you look at the photo of the dog sleeping you can faintly see it) The maple cap has small indentations near the front pickup. The pickup ring on the treble pickup has a small crack in it.

The ugly - Many moons ago one of the grub screws on the low E string saddle seized up. This was replaced by Simon when he was at Waghorn with a functional flat head screw.  I've never had the original hang tag.

I'm not going to include any BS about it playing like butter, it's set up with 11's which is what the guitar comes with out of the factory. I will be sad to see this go, but I'd rather it goes to a good home.

I'm based just outside of Bristol, I'm not after any trades. And cash or bank transfer upon collection.

Price dropped £200! For a quick sale 

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    PM’d
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperben said:
    PM’d
    Responded 

Forgot to mention the strap buttons have been taken off and schaller s locks fitted instead. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Pending sale to @hyperben ;
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    @DrJAzzTap who's signature is that on the back? I'm guessing you are the Dave being addressed there
  • roberty said:
    @DrJAzzTap who's signature is that on the back? I'm guessing you are the Dave being addressed there
    Yes I am the Dave. I met Paul at a meet and greet event organised by World Guitars years ago. This was just after Jeff had passed away. I took my backplate to get signed (I am that sad). 
    I have an SG signed by Guthrie and Allan Holdsworth that means the world to me. And if I had to sell that guitar, I'd replace the scratch plate on the guitar prior to sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    @DrJazzTap not sad mate that's awesome
  • Now back for sale 
  • Price dropped to £1800 for a quick sale!

I'm planning on restring it at the weekend and no doubt I'll probably change my mind then!
  • Why do these things come up when I’m not in the position to have them. Great price Dave 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pending trade with @danishbacon ;
  • Trade done  =) top guy @danishbacon ;
  • DrJazzTap said:
    Trade done  =) top guy @danishbacon ;
    Absolute gentleman, great to meet you Dave. I need to find a suitable picture frame now!
  • DrJazzTap said:
    Trade done  =) top guy @danishbacon ;
    Absolute gentleman, great to meet you Dave. I need to find a suitable picture frame now!
    Glad you got home safe, appreciate you coming all the way over. Enjoy the guitar!