any love for Deer Tick on here?

markblackmarkblack Frets: 1615
edited September 2014 in Music
Propper rock 'n' roll band live, one of my favourites.

Pogues cover at 44m 25s was a highlight.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    I recognised the name and had a look in my digital collection and found one single called 'Main Street [acoustic]'.
    I like it. Sounds like an acoustic Teenage Fanclub in that kinda melodic strummy way.

Will give the video above a proper listen.
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    Yeah i've got their first three albums, but they kinda lose what i loved about them with every subsequent release, that rawness and edge that gets lost when the production gets more money thrown at it...
    I absolutely love the home-recorded vibe of War Elephant, the first half of the album has some superb songs on there, Born on Flag Day is a bit more consistent and enjoyable to listen to all the way through, whereas The Black Dirt Sessions only has a handfull of good tunes with too many slow piano ballads for my liking.
       Live they are a different story, I saw them Live at the Garage in Islington/Highbury about two years ago, they have so much more energy than the albums would suggest.They also do some intersting covers, for example 'Beautiful Girls' by Sean kingston, and pull it off well as the harmonies are usually so good.
       John was playing a Les Paul Junior that night, which seriously rocked-up most of their material, although he was a little too drunk to deliver the more meaningful stuff. He seemed a decent fellow when I shook his hand and said a few words of praise after the show when I saw him hanging around the dancefloor area. Great band, am tempted to check out the Divine Providence album but the poor reviews kinda put me off...

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• I like Divine Providence, that and Born on a flag day are my two favourite of there's. The new album 'Negativity' doesn't do much for me, except The Dream's In The Ditch which is an great track.

But yes live is where the shine, saw the gig above and the one at the Garage this year (John was less drunk that time)