SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded - 1968 Fender Stratocaster

MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
1968 Fender Stratocaster

I bought this from Colin, and since, I’ve added the correct pearloid backed pickguard, correct backplate, correct pat.pend saddles, and tremolo arm. It’s all looking right apart from the tuners, which are a new, high quality set of locking Schaller M6 that I've fitted. I was going to change them for the original late 60’s F tuners, but two attempts to find a decent set of them have turned up nothing but worn out rubbish, so I’ve left them alone. They’re readily available if you wanted to fit a set.

The guitar plays brilliantly, really nice to play. Like many guitars it couldn’t make it through the 80’s without someone fitting a locking nut. But the holes have been sympathetically filled. The same person routed the body for a humbucker at the bridge position and a channel for a battery. As you can see, the finish was taken back to see what the original factory finish was, with the plan of refinishing it. But that’s never been done yet, and to be honest I think it looks good that way. Original factory finish was Sunburst, it’s then been refinished Black, then properly undercoated and finished vintage white.

The neck and middle pickups are it’s original 1968’s, but the bridge pickup is an earlier 1967 and has been rewound. All the wiring has been tidied up and rewired in cloth. Tone pot and switch have been changed, and its had a refret but the nut is original.

A good honest 1968 players grade Stratocaster that sounds and plays brilliantly and is ready to gig.

Located in Portree, but happy to courier if it helps.

Only £4850 which for a ‘68 Strat is an incredible price.

Now agreed a trade on the forum towards a 1963 tele.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom