Can I get notifications when I’m quoted in a thread?

I’ve been delving into the settings. I’d like to get notifications when someone quotes me in a thread, since I might want to respond, and I sometimes miss this. 

As far as I can tell, the only option is to turn on notifications for all replies to a thread (“notify me when someone participates in a thread which I participated in”), which isn’t what I want - I just want notifications when some quotes me.

Is such a thing possible? Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8754
    What notification do you want? An email, or an online notification when you log on.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    Thanks @Roland - I already have that set, but I think it only fires a notification if someone @‘s me - not if they quote me without also @‘ing. 

Roland said:
    What notification do you want? An email, or an online notification when you log on.

As an example of what I mean, did you get a notification when I quoted you here, without @mentioning you?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27684
    @RichAC ;

The answer to your question is No.

There’s no option to trigger / receive an alert if someone quotes you in a thread.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    @RichAC ;

The answer to your question is No.

There’s no option to trigger / receive an alert if someone quotes you in a thread.  
    Thanks @TTony. It would be a useful feature (I’ve seen it in other forums) but it is what it is. Thanks for answering.  :)