Rated Load Impedance: 1 Mohms
Speaker: 12” 16ohms Moollon Custom 30W
Dimensions: 470*500*230mm
Weight: 17kg
Pre-Amp Tubes: 12AX7 x 3
Power Amp: EL84 x 2
Controls: Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Master Volume
Input: Front - HI / LO Instrument In
Output: Back – Speaker Outs (2ohms, 8ohms, 16ohms) Ext Loop (Send / Return)
Chassis: Aluminium
Cabinet: Birch Plywood

£649...?

A quick Google doesn't reveal too many opinions or first hand experience.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    From the brand I expected a low-cost solid-state amp, perhaps with a valve in it or something... shows how preconceptions can be wrong!

It looks very well-made. There are some good photos here -

https://www.cortguitars.com/product/item.php?it_id=1607305949

In particular, if you look at this one

not only is the build quality and attention to detail very high, the resistor on the second valve socket means it's a cathode-follower, which could be the tone stack driver, in which case it's likely to be based on a Marshall 2203/4 circuit. (The resistor value appears to be 220K, which is higher than Marshall's 100K though.) Or it could possibly be the FX loop driver, unless that's solid state.

The biggest question mark is probably the speaker - just because it claims to be apparently modelled on a G12H-30 doesn't mean it sounds like one...

The 2-ohm output is a typo by the way - it's 4-ohm.

Nice to see a new amp with the controls in the right place too :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, looks very well made. Any thoughts on that price? £649 seems reasonable. I am eyeing up a fender supersonic 22 for the same price at the moment.

Speaker upgrade might bring it up to par if the stock speaker isn't that great right?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140

Any thoughts on that price? £649 seems reasonable.
    For that quality it does. I suspect they won't sell too many though - and resale value will be through the floor. It's difficult for a perceived low-to-mid-market brand to break into a new area and compete with big names offering more features for the same money, or boutique brands offering known high quality for more.

I am eyeing up a fender supersonic 22 for the same price at the moment.
    Different thing really (see big names with more features ;) ) and they have well-known problems with noise too. Depends whether you want a very simple but well-made amp or a more complex one with channel switching and reverb.

For the price I assume the Fender is used too, which makes it a far safer option for resale.

Speaker upgrade might bring it up to par if the stock speaker isn't that great right?
    Yes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 204
    edited June 21
    guitar guitar have the heads in stock @ 599, has anyone bothered to try one out? It has an FX loop and master volume, which are the kind of features im looking for...
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5013
    What are they meant to sound like, Vox ACs, or Marshall?

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 204
    Boromedic said:
    What are they meant to sound like, Vox ACs, or Marshall?
    No idea, there's a few videos on youtube. One review said that the noise floor is too high for recording and home practice though.