Reverend String Tree Spanning E, B, G Strings

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7899
    That's a pity.  I just measured everything on my Cort, which has exactly the same type of headstock as the Teles in terms of the depth of the headstock face from the surface of the fingerboard.  I measure this distance as about 14 or perhaps 15mm.  The distance from the face of the headstock to the underside of the rod of the string tree is 8mm.  This allows a really nice string break angle but, having looked at the position of the string tree's position in relation to the tuning heads, it is very slightly behind the A string tuner post (i.e. towards the nut) whereas on a Strat with a single tree it is usually a little distance in front of the A string tuner post.  Although the distance isn't very much at all, it's probably enough to make it sit higher than needed if positioned using the same screw hole. I don't think you would be able to file enough metal off the base to lower it enough while retaining enough metal for a solid mount.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Update: I’ve been looking for the vintage style triple one (Music City Bridge) linked earlier in this thread but it doesn’t look like there are any uk stockists.

cheapest I can find is via Stewmac, and the shipping will cost more than twice the item itself. Still considering biting the bullet, unless I’ve missed something and someone on here is aware of a uk stockist, or another alternative to the Reverend triple one?

(I could get hold of a metal file and file the Reverend one down, I suppose)

I’m ruling out a second string tree, as I don’t want another hole in the headstock, and I’m concerned that the wound D would be more likely to bind on a string tree. 
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 836
    edited February 21
    Update on the update: I went for the Music City Bridge one, which I got from their European stockist, Kitarapaja. Service was really good, shipping cost was reasonable, arrived in 4 working days and does the job just fine - no more behind-the-nut harmonics on the G.

It’s smoothly polished nickel with no burrs or sharp edges, so tuning stability is fine - just as good as the stock one. Doesn’t feel flimsy so hopefully it’ll keep its shape well enough under tension. 

Comes with 3 different sized nylon standoffs - the two smaller ones stacked seem to put the triple tree at roughly the same height as the stock E+B one so I’ll probably file down the tallest spacer till it’s an exact match.

Eventually some metal spacers might be an idea, with a couple of super-thin diddy washers underneath as necessary to set the height exactly - shame it doesn’t come with them but they’re easy enough to track down.

Looks wise it’s different obviously, doesn’t make things look too cockeyed IMO but you can judge for yourself:

https://flic.kr/p/2pzuTRu

I can’t see it when I’m playing! Athough I’ll probably get a really nice set of split post staggered height tuners which will probably help it blend in a bit more than the modern style fender ones. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23843
    Looks wise it’s different obviously, doesn’t make things look too cockeyed IMO but you can judge for yourself:

https://flic.kr/p/2pzuTRu

I can’t see it when I’m playing! Athough I’ll probably get a really nice set of split post staggered height tuners which will probably help it blend in a bit more than the modern style fender ones. 
    Yeah, it looks smart.  I like it.