Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you have a music room? Can I see it?

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7099
    edited December 2022
    mrkb said:
    Snags said:
    mrkb said:
    I’ve got a ikea sofa bed in mine- was fairly expensive, but works well as both sofa and bed.

Do you actually have space in yours to turn that into a bed? I seem to remember it being somewhat cosy with gear
    Wrong music room Pete! I’m talking about the spare room/office/music room, not the garden room/music room
    There are still about fifty guitars in each!
    No it doesnt!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nah, if I had a dedicated music room I'd kinda feel obliged to make some decent music. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6844
    edited December 2022
    ^^ all those guitars and not a single bigsby, or offset for that matter. Money can’t buy taste…!
    As it happens, in my real world I have four guitars (and a parlour) and three of them have a Bigsby. The other isn't offset though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:
    ^^ all those guitars and not a single bigsby, or offset for that matter. Money can’t buy taste…!
    As it happens, in my real world I have four guitars (and a parlour) and three of them have a Bigsby. The other isn't offset though. 
    That seems reasonable. I’ve mostly just never seen the point of these guys with like 4 Strats and 7 Les Pauls but nothing else. What’s the point, right?!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1566
    I've 4 strats and they all sound different, but I get it..if I'd have bought the one I bought last first...I'd only have 1. 
    3 teles in various guises
    Tokai les Paul upgraded with seymores and pio caps ect.
    Gibson sg
    Gretch thingies
    Es339

They all get lap time. When gigging, take a strat and the les paul
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
  • CMW335 said:
    Mate that brick wall guitar hanging area is awesome. That room looks tidier than any room I've ever seen - I think our house didn't look that tidy when it was empty!
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • This is a brilliant thread, a lot of really satisfying images and setups.

It really does make up for the fact I spent an hour earlier researching how i could add a wheeled tray thing in order to house my keyboard on my home office desk, before actually looking at it in person and found the gap is neither wide enough, nor high enough to house it. What a doughnut
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24049
    BillDL said:
    I was looking at that for about 30 seconds, wondering why there was one of those school gym horse things, and where were all the guitars... and then eventually I twigged.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CMW335 said:
    Mate that brick wall guitar hanging area is awesome. That room looks tidier than any room I've ever seen - I think our house didn't look that tidy when it was empty!
    Not so tidy just now lol
  • CMW335 said:

Very tidy. I can't figure out what kind of music it's for though? 
    I really wanted to have my guitars in drawers. I hunted all over the Internet and just couldn't quite work out how to do it. 
  • nero1701 said:
    I really wanted to have my guitars in drawers. I hunted all over the Internet and just couldn't quite work out how to do it. 
    Good guide here! 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • One side of my room… obviously missing the amps and synths from where I’m stood but you can’t get it all in, so to speak. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    nero1701 said:
    Good guide here! 

Amazing, thank you so much
    CMW335 said:

Very tidy. I can't figure out what kind of music it's for though? 
    The stuff on the wall is the wife’s (apart from the blue acoustic). My guitars aren’t in the pics but I use the room for a bit of recording nothing serious as it’s not a treated room or anything, and general practice but it’s also now my workspace since I started working from home… not 100% sure I have understood what you mean though? Is it because of the variety of instruments on the wall?
  • We have a spare double bedroom that is my music room. At times it's had a mixing desk, drumkit, Roadster & Marshall 2 x 12 in. The genius bit is there's a drop-down double bed built into an alcove  :)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    edited December 2022
    ^^ all those guitars and not a single bigsby,    . Money can’t buy taste…!
    well then,  patently it can     

nero1701 said:

Im getting a local chap to build a "wardrobe like" cupboard to hold mine, with a "rack" inside  just high enough -  then I can stack all the cases on top     appx  1400mm wide,  1200 high 550 deep

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 865
    bertie said:

Im getting a local chap to build a "wardrobe like" cupboard to hold mine, with a "rack" inside  just high enough -  then I can stack all the cases on top     appx  1400mm wide,  1200 high 550 deep

Looking forward to seeing that! 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom