Graham Bonnet

What's Hot
SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2055
Anyone else really enjoy listening to Graham Bonnet's vocals? =)

Doesn't quite fit the image of a classic rock band and his voice is really strained and distinctive, but encompasses so much effort (and appreciation on my part).

In particular, I like Rainbow and Alcatrazz - I don't recall his stuff with Schenker but I've probably heard it at some point. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7899
    Damn.  Why don't people add something more to the title than an artist's name?  My heart sunk because I thought this might be another RIP thread  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5012
    Yep - I thought it was someone playing at being first to tell the world about the latest demise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2460
    Magnificent vocalist, what a range. 

My favourite Rainbow singer when I was younger, having been introduced to them via the hit singles before appreciating RJD properly. 

Comes across as a decent, humble guy on social media too. His reaction to Joe Lynn Turner’s recent post about his hair loss was heartwarming. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    He was a great singer. I have the Alcatrazz album on vinyl. He did some cool songs with Rainbow, but I just didn't like his look at all with that haircut. I was much more into the long hair vibe. As far as Rainbow goes though, Ronnie was the man for me.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2869
    His MSG vocals are pretty good 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11462
    The album he did with Schenker- Assault Attack - has some great stuff on it. The Alcatrazz album with Yngwie on it was also good.

An underrated singer.
  • I can’t think of many other singers that could nail ‘Hiroshima Mon Amour’ . Fantastic vocal that one 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2452
    Great vocalist. Night Games is one of my favourite songs. Might have to give him an overdue listen now he’s been brought up!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    He's a really good singer, but I don't think many of his albums are all that great.

Rainbow's Down to Earth was one of the very first "proper" rock albums I bought though, and I think it still holds up..
  • Great vocalist. Down to Earth by Rainbow was the first rock album I ever bought. Rarely listen to it these days, but it definitely holds a nostalgic place in my heart.
  • Did he sing with Chris impleterri’s band too ? 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    edited October 2022
    Did he sing with Chris impleterri’s band too ? 
    Something like that.   Impellitteri.  I think Bonnet's on a couple of the albums. 

Dig those fashions.  Pat Torpey and Chuck Wright there on the left, I think.

Impellitteri music videos stats and photos  Lastfm
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 172
    A legend to me, he's actually singing really well live over the last few years too.