Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Posting guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I had no luck here with my guitar but put it on ebay Thursday and it sold within 48 hours and even with fees got more than what i had asked for on here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • With your CE model I'd take the neck off, and post both parts. A guitar body caked in bubble wrap and likewise a neck can fit in all sorts of regular cardboard boxes, either specially purchased or from a household appliance. Interparcel usually has good prices for postage as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25095
    With your CE model I'd take the neck off, and post both parts. A guitar body caked in bubble wrap and likewise a neck can fit in all sorts of regular cardboard boxes, either specially purchased or from a household appliance. Interparcel usually has good prices for postage as well.

That is a good idea, especially for international shipping where the size of the box can make a big difference to the price (due to the wonderful concept of "volumetric weight")

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 10% with a limit of £2.5k is ridiculous!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11976
    tFB Trader
    I have a brand new Prs case....and a UPS ACcount....

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• NeilNeil Frets: 3847
    That sounds like a good offer. 
  • Would it fit a Torero? It's only been on gumtree 2 days so I'll let it run for a bit. What a pain trying to sell guitars these days, though!! If I bought the case surely that'd have to be reflected in the price. Time for bed just now but thanks!
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    Ive had lots of guitars posted to me in ireland from all over europe, but mostly from the uk. The best advice I can give is use anybody, but whatever you do dont use dhl..these people are experts in their field, which just happens to be the annihilation of guitars, speakers, hi fi components, and on and on..another thing that annoys me is insurance..why pay a company, not to destroy what they are meant to be delivering? Furthermore, to add insult to injury, they wont pay up anyway..again, take a bow dhl..
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    How much you after for the case? See I'm the dude buying the OP PRS. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    I have a cunning plan. 
  • Just had a very positive experience with ups through interparcel. Soft case and double boxed and arrived safely and quickly