SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[ON HOLD] 2016 Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster (WTT for another Tele)

CryptidCryptid Frets: 411
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
2016 Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster -  £1300  £1200

Ideally I would like to trade/swap this for another Tele - American Pro ii, AO 50's/60's, late 80's Standard and other T-types considered. 9.5"+ radius and non-vintage frets preferred, no heavy relics.

This AV '52 is very resonant with great sustain and sounds wonderful. Premium Ash body, U neck, 7.25" radius, rolled edges, vintage frets, American Vintage Tele p/ups. 

A fair few small chips/flakes around the edge of the body (not my doing!), plenty of life left on the frets. Upgraded with compensated brass saddles (originals included). Comes with original case and candy (ashtray, strap, 50's wiring kit etc). Around 7.75 lbs

More photos here

Based in Birmingham, happy to meet halfway (up to 2 hour's drive). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CryptidCryptid Frets: 411
    Photos and price added
    Price drop, got my eye on something
  • I’d venture this is a better guitar than the new lot. Might be wrong, but if I were in the market for a 52, this would be the one I’d go for. GLWTS. 
    I’d venture this is a better guitar than the new lot. Might be wrong, but if I were in the market for a 52, this would be the one I’d go for. GLWTS. 
    Thanks. I tried a few AV/AVRI 52's and this was the best of the lot. Will be sad to see it go but the neck is bringing back old hand issues. 
    Sunday bump
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15017
    So, is this listing still on hold or is the guitar available again? 

Cryptid said: 
    Will be sad to see it go but the neck is bringing back old hand issues. 
    By how much is the AV '52 neck too chunky?

The reason I ask is because I am toying with the idea of jettisoning my 2011 Tele-bration Old Growth Redwood Telecaster. 

This has the 9.5" fingerboard radius and medium jumbo fret wire you desire. The overall neck profile is deeper than the pre-2013 AVRI '52 but slimmer than your AV '52 model. If you have ever tried a Fender Hot Rod '52 (the one with a Duncan mini humbucker as the neck pickup), the OGRW has exactly that profile.

Everything on my example is stock and unmolested except for:
    1) the tone control. 
    I couldn't get on with the No-Load™ tone pot. I replaced it with a regular CTS A250k. Both would be included in a transaction.

2) A couple of white spots on the end of the cutaway horn. I have no idea what they are or what caused them. There is nothing in the case that touches that part of the guitar.

If this idea is of any interest, we can shift to PM to discuss cash difference and travel arrangements. 

I am supposed to be meeting HarrySeven half way later this month. This should get me within two hours' drive from Brum.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    @Funkfingers ;

Appreciate the offer, but the AV'52 is on hold as I've now agreed to a trade. Travelling to meet the guy next week - if it falls through for whatever reason I'll let you know. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15017
    No problem.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.