new Robert Plant album

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
any love?

I've listened through once, and quite liked it.
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm about halfway through...the rest will be the soundtrack to a car journey latter today. Liking that I'm hearing so far.
  • Thanks for posting about this. Had no idea he had a new record out. 

There's some interesting mini docs about the record on his YT channel. 

Like what I hear so far. 

Love all his music, but so glad Skin Tyson and Justin Adams are back on board. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Listened to it a few times more, and it's fantastic. I'm much happier he's out there following his own path with this sort of material rather than a Led Zep reunion. Fantastic.

So everyone stop moaning about a U2 album you got given and buy this!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16076
    I likes me some Rubber Plant
    tae be or not tae be
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I'll check it out .. thanks for the heads up.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I'm going to have to buy this. I've been playing the track Rainbow on Spotify constantly. I've liked all of his solo stuff, but since Song to the Siren it started to get really interesting to me. 

Mighty Rearranger is a beautiful record. 

I think all the subsequent Americana stuff like Raising Sand showed what  a fabulous singer he is. 

But now the core of the Rearranger band are back it's going off in that really interesting direction again where he fuses all of his influences and musical passions. 

I'm in total agreement with everyone who says he's better doing this than trundling out the Zep hits on a reunion marathon tour. That music is great and always will be, but here's a bloke who's obviously so interested and in love with music and the world around him that he's always got something new and interesting to say. 
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Really liking it. Rainbow seems the strongest track, though they're all good. Haven't listened to much of his solo work, I have Raising Sand, but didn't really get into it. Would still be keen to see a Zeppelin reunion because it's Zeppelin and I didn't get to see them first time around, but more of this too please. Actually, a Zeppelin reunion that also does some of the solo work (JPJ too) and re-workings of the classics like Plant does live would be cool.
    Going to have to get hold of the Rearranger stuff if it's like this.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I've finally got hold of a copy. It's wonderful and his skill as a singer and arranger is getting better with age.

Not bad for a Wolves fan. ;)