SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Yamaha SA2200, Bigsby (Japanese made 335)

chrissmithchrissmith Frets: 6
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Hi All

Here is a beautifully flame-y Yamaha SA2200, with luthier fitted Bigsby. The stoptail piece studs are still there, giving the option of going hardtail with it if you want to reverse. Personally I think a guitar of this type with a Bigsby is a thing of beauty, but your mileage may vary.

I've been offered £1,300 in trade by my guitar shop, so looking to beat that.

Here is something hard to prove, but probably the case.
The seller of the guitar was the son of a guitar shop owner here in Berkshire. He met Dominic Miller (sting's guitarist) in Dubai. At the time he was ''renting hawks to hunt with'' to Dubai rich people (you couldn't make this up..). He knew Dominic Miller, again I don't know why.  Dominic sold him his guitar, which is this one.  I have a 'proves-nothing' photo of Sting in a bar in Dubai, and personally I believed it - not least because I wasn't being asked to pay more for the guitars background. This might simply be an added bonus for you if you are a fan. 

The setup is 'perfect' - as in you could play fast jazz runs on this. I can't see any signs of wear. Only the super critical could find any. I am not that guy? - If so you might find some tiny wear marks. I have the original case. No photo of that, because it's in the loft - where everybody keeps cases... (it's dry and fine, don't worry).

Why sell? - Like a lot of guys, I thought a 335 type guitar would be my dream, but I like smaller bodied guitars. I'll be buying some boutiquey Tele thinline with the money, a Nash, or a Hansen, or.. anything for similar money basically. So trade is fine if you have something like that and you want to trade, otherwise supercheap deal for you.

Two things - this is cheaper than anything on Ebay, and the ones there have no bigsby. Also I have a trade in offer, so no offers thank you very much.
Also, collection only - Reading Berkshire. You may want otherwise, but again, just no.

Timewise, will probably keep this up for about a fortnight, and trade it after a forthcoming holiday if no takers.

Have a great day

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh yes, also interested in spruce + mahogany small bodied guitar of similar value. OM type size.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi all, think I'll have a better shopping deal if I go for my next guitar with cash.
    This one going on Ebay next week for £1,400 (to cover Ebay fees).
    If interested, gimme a shout in the next few days :)
  • Hi All
    I've been asked for better photos - do check out Ebay (   SA2200 with Bibsby )  lots of great photos on there.

30+ ''watchers''after less than a week, so would move quickly if this is the guitar for you.

Cheers
    Chris