Back from honeymoon tomorrow

What's Hot
Had an awesome time with Bride of Boogie in Positano on the Amalfi coast for the last week. Back to reality and the UK tomorrow. We've been to Pompeii, Herculaneum and Capri while we've been here and really really enjoyed ourselves. Ok the momumental amount of honeymoon sex might be a factor, but seriously, I think this the best holiday I've ever had.

A few things that Chilli or Johnny(?) mentioned about Italy have struck a chord. Firstly how clean the place is: no graffiti anywhere, the streets are swept regularly and it's a very pleasant place to be generally.
Secondly, Jesus the Italians are so stylish. Even in a bog standard tee shirt and trainers they manage to ooze coolness. I'd even consider going gay for some of the blokes here. And the women: just wow, I've seen some absolute stunners this week.
Thirdly, the food. Dear god, the food. Totally superb.
Sigh.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Welcome back mate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last night of the Honeymoon and you're already posting on here?

Welcome to Married Life! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    boogieman said:
    Had an awesome time with Bride of Boogie in Positano on the Amalfi coast for the last week. Back to reality and the UK tomorrow. We've been to Pompeii, Herculaneum and Capri while we've been here and really really enjoyed ourselves. Ok the momumental amount of honeymoon sex might be a factor, but seriously, I think this the best holiday I've ever had.

A few things that Chilli or Johnny(?) mentioned about Italy have struck a chord. Firstly how clean the place is: no graffiti anywhere, the streets are swept regularly and it's a very pleasant place to be generally.
    Secondly, Jesus the Italians are so stylish. Even in a bog standard tee shirt and trainers they manage to ooze coolness. I'd even consider going gay for some of the blokes here. And the women: just wow, I've seen some absolute stunners this week.
    Thirdly, the food. Dear god, the food. Totally superb.
    Sigh.
    Sounds like heaven mate. We went on our honeymoon in May - 10 days, Venice, Rome & Amalfi. Easily the best 10 days of my life. Not a drop of rain in 10 days and the best food, drink and beautiful places. Italy is an amazing place although it has it's shit holes (I backpacked around the country when I was really young) but all we saw was beauty in everything. A magical time.
    Last night of the Honeymoon and you're already posting on here?
    I was checking the classifieds on this forum when we were in Amalfi (on honeymoon) and I actually bought an amp from Travisthedog.
    Paid a deposit from the hotel bedroom on the hotel wifi whilst my wife was getting ready to go out. My wife is very understanding/forgiving...thankfully.
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
  • Yes, very stylish! I found the Swiss were also stylish and very good looking.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    thomasross20;353404" said:
    Yes, very stylish! I found the Swiss were also stylish and very good looking.
    And they have awesome chocolate.
    :)
    littlegreenman;353281" said:
    Last night of the Honeymoon and you're already posting on here?

Welcome to Married Life! ;)
    Ha ha, yeah I know. Quite sad, but the pull of this place is something else.

• Too right about the chocolate. 
    We're going to Rome for 4 days next march. Heard it's good but expensive. 
    Would love to go to the other places you've mentioned. 

I don't think anywhere in the Eurozone is cheap any more, let alone Rome. You'll have a great time though, Rome is very interesting.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    Glad you enjoyed it mate, Yes Italy is amazing, we went to Positano for a day, lovely spot. The sea is heavenly for swimming, so warm. The people do look amazing, was glad I had sunglasses on at the beach @-)
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Any recommendations regarding Rome, must do's etc? 
    Bet you're gutted to be back. I've been on some trips where I've been glad to be back here. And some where I was gutted to be back (loved going to Germany). Trouble is with most places that you couldn't afford to live there. In Scotland you can buy a 4 bed detached house with garden and conservatory for 160k in some decent places - no chance in Munich within commutable distance IMO, for example! Anyway! glad you enjoyed. Feel free to post pics! 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    boogieman said:
    I don't think anywhere in the Eurozone is cheap any more, let alone Rome. You'll have a great time though, Rome is very interesting.
    Czech republic is still cheap outside of Prague, 40p for a beer, we went in May.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    edited September 2014
    I love Italy (or it-lee as we call it), but last time I was there clean it was not. Sorrento in middle of summer, in the middle of a 3 month bin-man strike made for a pretty wiffy pong lol.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

thomasross20;353426" said:
    Any recommendations regarding Rome, must do's etc? Bet you're gutted to be back. I've been on some trips where I've been glad to be back here. And some where I was gutted to be back (loved going to Germany). Trouble is with most places that you couldn't afford to live there. In Scotland you can buy a 4 bed detached house with garden and conservatory for 160k in some decent places - no chance in Munich within commutable distance IMO, for example! Anyway! glad you enjoyed. Feel free to post pics! 
    Usual recommendations re Rome, I'm sure you've seen them in every travel program or book. The Colliseum, Trevi Fountain, St Peters Square, Vatican etc. If you're going in March, don't expect it to be necessarily warm btw. Last time I was there in spring it was wet and friggin freezing!

I'll be glad to get back tbh, lots to do and look forward to at home. I've got a new workshop being delivered very soon, so plenty to sort out and preparation to do before it turns up. Also lots of wedding stuff at the house still to clear up!
    jonnyburgo;353444" said:
    boogieman said:

Czech republic is still cheap outside of Prague, 40p for a beer, we went in May.
    Really? Hmm, sounds like a decent cheap holiday for next year. Ta!
    ;)