NGD thanks to Project Music

What's Hot
Like a kid in a sweet shop I spent some considerable time this morning with the good folk at Project Music Exeter.

I played a Martin HD28,
2 McNallys,
Atkin essential D,
Atkin forty three
Atkin D37,
and a Lowden F50.

Very impressed with the projection & overall tone of the Atkin D37 & forty three, the Lowden was good, but not £2000 better than the one I took home - 

The Brook Teign

I nearly bought the Atkin 43 as it was so resonant, in the end, there was so little in it & the chance to pick up a Brook I couldn't let it go, plus my attachment to Dartmoor, may get an Atkin next.

It's been a shit last few weeks but that was a great morning thank you all the guys at Project Music, I also got a free pack of strings!
And also bought a PRS SE soapbar to feed my P90 habit.

There's a lady with a smile on her face somewhere watching me play this guitar.
0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3889
    Congratulations. Hope your as happy with your Brook as I am with mine

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Damn that looks awesome.... Sound clip?? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ungulate said:
    Like a kid in a sweet shop I spent some considerable time this morning with the good folk at Project Music Exeter.

I played a Martin HD28,
    2 McNallys,
    Atkin essential D,
    Atkin forty three
    Atkin D37,
    and a Lowden F50.

Very impressed with the projection & overall tone of the Atkin D37 & forty three, the Lowden was good, but not £2000 better than the one I took home - 

The Brook Teign

I nearly bought the Atkin 43 as it was so resonant, in the end, there was so little in it & the chance to pick up a Brook I couldn't let it go, plus my attachment to Dartmoor, may get an Atkin next.

It's been a shit last few weeks but that was a great morning thank you all the guys at Project Music, I also got a free pack of strings!

Can we see a picture of the free set of strings?

Congrats on the new Brook. I have loved all the ones I have played. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited October 2022
    Ungulate said:

* big grin *

sound, bloody sound  

(did you ever say which part of the Moor from your past ? you probably did  but.......age you now ;)  -  PM me if you'd rather)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2387
    Ungulate said:

I played a Martin HD28,
    2 McNallys,
    Atkin essential D,
    Atkin forty three
    Atkin D37,
    and a Lowden F50.

The Brook Teign

A beauty. Congratulations. I hadn't heard of Brook before.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UngulateUngulate Frets: 239
    rze99 said:
    Ungulate said:

I played a Martin HD28,
    2 McNallys,
    Atkin essential D,
    Atkin forty three
    Atkin D37,
    and a Lowden F50.

The Brook Teign

A beauty. Congratulations. I hadn't heard of Brook before.
    Take a look on YouTube, gorgeous instruments, even better when you play them, the Martin was underwhelming compared to the UK luthiers, McNally were damn good but the Atkin stood out as lightweight & huge resonance 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 950
    It does look nice.

HNGD mate, I'm sure you're a proud owner. 

:) 
    Mellish said:
    It does look nice.

HNGD mate, I'm sure you're a proud owner. 

:) 
    Yep, just strumming quietly
    bertie said:
    Ungulate said:

* big grin *

sound, bloody sound  

(did you ever say which part of the Moor from your past ? you probably did  but.......age you now ;)  -  PM me if you'd rather)
    I trained at Torbay hospital & rode my bike all over the moor, mainly south side, returned a few years after with wife & kids, reluctantly left for the land of the Summer people in 1999
    Though we do have Pilton (Glastonbury) festival 
  • MSedgMSedg Frets: 124
    That is a beauty, congratulations. Rosewood b&s?
    MSedg said:
    That is a beauty, congratulations. Rosewood b&s?
    Yep, rosewood, tried a variety of guitars without looking too closely till I'd had a play, I had some rosewood & one mahogany in my shortlist.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9708
    Love that headstock ! Congrats :)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited October 2022
    Ungulate said:
    bertie said:
    Ungulate said:

* big grin *

sound, bloody sound  

(did you ever say which part of the Moor from your past ? you probably did  but.......age you now   -  PM me if you'd rather)
    I trained at Torbay hospital & rode my bike all over the moor, mainly south side, returned a few years after with wife & kids, reluctantly left for the land of the Summer people in 1999
    ah -  Im from the northern edge........but used to frequent the east  - Chagford/Moretonhampstead/Bovey/Newton Abbot  ,  I left 10 years before you !
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 76
    That’s a beauty! Sure it’ll bring a lot of playing pleasure. I have a lovely little Brook Taw. They make fabulous guitars and still at a relatively low price compared with other hand builts. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Ah mate that's beautiful

I really like Project music. I've bought a couple of guitars from them online and they've called ahead each time to ask how I want it set up and to pick a convenient day for delivery. You don't expect a courtesy call after you click the button. I went in there to play some stuff another time and they were most accommodating

I also got an SE Soapbar today, someone was selling an old and dinged up one locally
    tomjax said:
    That’s a beauty! Sure it’ll bring a lot of playing pleasure. I have a lovely little Brook Taw. They make fabulous guitars and still at a relatively low price compared with other hand builts. 
    Yeah, just realised the Lowden I tried was nearing twice the price of the Brook!
    roberty said:
    Ah mate that's beautiful

I really like Project music. I've bought a couple of guitars from them online and they've called ahead each time to ask how I want it set up and to pick a convenient day for delivery. You don't expect a courtesy call after you click the button. I went in there to play some stuff another time and they were most accommodating

I also got an SE Soapbar today, someone was selling an old and dinged up one locally
    There's a coincidence 2 soapbars today! I confess I've been playing the Brook all evening long, electrics first 2moro, yeah they were so considerate at Projectmusic.net gonna take my LP in there for a proper set up & fret dress.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 789
    edited October 2022
    Nice looking guitar. Lovely dark woods. Good choice. Have fun.  :-)

Sorry to discuss dosh. Just looked at the price on their website (still listed, for sales purposes I suspect) and that is exactly in the price range we should be paying for a 'final destination' top end acoustic just now imho. Confirms how often folk overpay for similar, often American, instruments. Compare Martin's Modern Deluxe D28 for £4,499. Eek!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    edited October 2022
    bertie said:
    Ungulate said:
    bertie said:
    Ungulate said:

* big grin *

sound, bloody sound  

(did you ever say which part of the Moor from your past ? you probably did  but.......age you now   -  PM me if you'd rather)
    ah -  Im from the northern edge........but used to frequent the east  - Chagford/Moretonhampstead/Bovey/Newton Abbot  ,  I left 10 years before you !
    I was born and spent my early years near Heatree Cross, between Manaton and Jay’s Grave. It’s a wonderful part of the world -few places match it for its rugged beauty. Mind you that was almost 40 years ago, but I’ve been back at every opportunity (Grandparents are both buried at Manaton). As a result, a Brook is very much one of my bucket list guitars, closes a loop of heritage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom