SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - but a quick question. 2001 Fender FSR Coral American Strat £1000 (Price Drop)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Bump for the weekend 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    PM sent
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 190
    edited May 2023
    So I sold this a while ago for what I feel was a good price and as far as I'm aware the buyer was happy with that. I am happy with the sale.

But if it had have been boxed and unopened would it really have been worth over double the price? I know the market is crazy but is this really the case?

https://www.essexrecordingstudios.com/products/new-2001-fender-american-standard-fsr-limited-edition-1-of-100-coral-metallic-rare-electric-guitar-usa-strat
    I noticed that a short while ago, absolutely crazy. The chap at Essex Studios is always doing this, he got hold of a PRS Santana I once owned (and sold cheaply), his description of it was, shall we say, a little misleading and it had nearly doubled in price from what he had paid.

It's not against the Law but it does stick in the throat somewhat.

What really hurts is that I was after this from @Rkphilpot but I dithered and missed out :/
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 536
    Rkphilpot said:
    So I sold this a while ago for what I feel was a good price and as far as I'm aware the buyer was happy with that. I am happy with the sale.

But if it had have been boxed and unopened would it really have been worth over double the price? I know the market is crazy but is this really the case?

https://www.essexrecordingstudios.com/products/new-2001-fender-american-standard-fsr-limited-edition-1-of-100-coral-metallic-rare-electric-guitar-usa-strat
    Oh God... You didn't sell it to that feckwit did you?

The short answer is no, it wouldn't. That moron is notorious for concocting stupid prices, glossing over issues with Guitars (not saying yours had any) and putting insane markups on stuff where we know what he paid.

This will sit around for a long time at that price unless a more money than sense buyer comes along. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    RobG3294 said:
    Rkphilpot said:

The short answer is no, it wouldn't. That moron is notorious for concocting stupid prices, glossing over issues with Guitars (not saying yours had any) and putting insane markups on stuff where we know what he paid.

This will sit around for a long time at that price unless a more money than sense buyer comes along. 
    its showing as sold on the sight so maybe not sitting around that long 
    :o I really hope no one has paid that much for it, as lovely as it is
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 536
    RobG3294 said:
    Rkphilpot said:

its showing as sold on the sight so maybe not sitting around that long 
    Ahh right, I see... So its an old listing - a quick delve into the page source code shows this was listed about 6 weeks ago. Notwithstanding that, my point stands - someone has paid way over the odds for that - regardless of how new old stock it is. 

Of course, folk like Keith at ERS could BS their way to selling anything to anyone - so makes it slightly less hilarious.