Samantha Fish

RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 285
She is touring the UK and I saw her in Glasgow last night. World class. Triple threat of wonderful voice, excellent guitar playing and great original song writing. She really does deserve greater recognition.

She manages to simultaneously channel the original electric blues giants along with Hendrix, Page and Nina Simone while working in her own flavour of guitar based pop-blues-rock. Hints of Amy Winehouse (the good bits) in places too. All delivered with sassy southern drawl and occasional cigar box slide. For my money… a bargain £22 per ticket… one of the best guitar based acts around just now.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thanks for the review. She's playing not too far from me on Tuesday night. Quite tempted, but not 100% with it being a school night. Might decide to take a punt on the night if it hasn't sold out by then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Any fret-boarders going to the Bath gig on Thursday ? I’ve tried to convince Mrs Dr Cornelius and failed so far 
  • Saw her at Shepherds Bush last night. Excellent gig. I agree with everything that @Roundwound posted