When the bass drum and bass lock in together nicely!

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14019
I love it when I hear a bass guitar and well tuned bass drum lock in together to give a lovely low percussive thump and click to the bass guitar. The Jam's Rick Buckler & Bruce Foxton displayed this wonderfully many times and it seems a Fender Precision is a good choice of bass for this to work well

Examples - Man In The Corner Shop

and Back In My Arms Again live:

and The Fratellis Chelsea Dagger:

What other recordings have you heard with this great sound?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Man In The Corner Shop is one of my absolute favourite songs from a band that has meant a lot to me for a very long time. It doesn’t often get a shout out, so thanks for posting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ^
    Love this album, and the nod towards the Taxman. 
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14019
    ^
    I'm surprised Weller didn't get a copyright claim on 'Start!' Many other songs will far less similarities have.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^
    I'm surprised Weller didn't get a copyright claim on 'Start!' Many other songs will far less similarities have.
    Someone on Facebook was slagging off Weller for borrowing a few riffs including Taxman, no one pointed out that George also borrowed a whole song lol
    “Ken sent me.”
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6837
    edited October 2022
    ^
    Someone on Facebook was slagging off Weller for borrowing a few riffs including Taxman, no one pointed out that George also borrowed a whole song lol
    or that my ex-bassist borrowed money off every member of my band and never paid it back.   =)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14843
    guitartango said: 
    The intro motif on "If I Needed Someone" was half-inched from The Byrds' arrangement of "Bells Of Rhymney." 

BOR was originally a poem, later set to music by Pete Seeger. His arrangement was sparse, strummed acoustic guitar with nary a whiff of Rickenbacker jingle jangle.

Harrison took from McGuinn who, in turn, had been "inspired" by The Beatles. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.