Music In London - 30 Oct to 05 Nov?

guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 337
I'll be in London next week and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for places to go to see some live music of the rock/indie/new wave variety. I don't want to spend £150 to see a top band from the nose-bleed section but would rather spend £15-20 to see a good group on their way up (or down, or in the middle) at a pub or small concert venue. I'll be staying In Finchley on the Northern Line but anywhere near a Tube station would be okay.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 887
    Slightly out your price rangec(£32) but Band of Horses are playing at the Roundhouse in Chalk Farm (Northern Line) on the 30th.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5216
    30th you have Parish album launch at Helgis in Hackney or Sheer Terror at the Underworld. 
  • I'm going to see Graham Coxon chat about things at Cecil Sharp House (Camden/Regents Park) on the 1st. It's my birthday treat! Tickets are still available, I think. 
  • If you fancy a bit of country, Charley Crockett's playing at the Jazz Cafe on the 1st. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    Razor and Whiplash at The Underworld on Friday 4th.    =)

There’ll be lots of middle aged men desperately clinging in to their thrash metal teenage years.  And that’s just the bands.  

Of course I’ll be there. 
  • ghadghad Frets: 48
    Elder playing EarTh on Friday 4th. Expect psch prog. Saw them up in Manchester four years back. Tight as a gnat's wotsit.