Anyone like fusiony proggy instrumental music?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
edited October 2022 in Music
I strongly suspect that it's just me around here, so not actually expecting replies - but I have just discovered a band in this vein that I am really liking. Some nice melodic guitar soloing, but they also have a sax player which is always a cool instrument.

They are called Pymlico, and are from Norway. You can hear their latest album (and others) on Bandcamp:

https://pymlicomusic.bandcamp.com/album/supermassive-2

Here's some blurb: The band keeps on exploring the landscape between progressive rock and fusion. They have clearly found their style and showcase an album filled with catchy hooks, singable melodies, strong grooves and blistering guitar solos. Mixing genres and taking inspiration from a wide array of styles including progressive rock, jazz rock, fusion, AOR and pop has resulted in eight powerful tracks. Produced with meticulous attention to details, the album has a crystal-clear modern sound that truly is supermassive.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    Honestly, I saw the saxophone and thought "not for me".  And what's the bloke at top right playing, a sewing machine?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Philly_Q said:
    Honestly, I saw the saxophone and thought "not for me".  And what's the bloke at top right playing, a sewing machine?
    Ho ho! Had me in stitches! No idea to be honest but she's down as a percussionist.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14843
    The out of focus thing in the foreground is a cowbell.

Nice to see a KORG CX3 organ (bottom right).
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31262
    Philly_Q said:

Great thread....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    edited October 2022
    axisus said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Ho ho! Had me in stitches! No idea to be honest but she's down as a percussionist.
    Oh gosh.  Apologies to her, that was a genuine mistake.... I wasn't taking the piss out of her appearance.  I was taking the piss about the sewing machine.

(Now I feel like one of my grandparents, circa 1970 - "you can't tell the girls from the boys nowadays".  So embarrassing.)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29220
    Also it's obviously a fretsaw, you monster.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I like proggy instrumental music. Ozric Tentacles are pretty cool. I know they sort of have a vocalist, but I think Sigur Ros are brilliant.
    I'll check Pymlico out when I get a bit of time.