SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Ibanez 540PⅡ-SH Skolnick in Fire Alarm Red - SOLD

What's Hot
blackrgblackrg Frets: 17
edited November 2022 in Guitars £

Ibanez 540PⅡ-SH Skolnick in Fire Alarm Red - 1989 - £1700

For Sale - FujiGen Japan-made Ibanez Skolnick 540 Power II from 1989. Has an ultra-rare cream anodised Edge tremelo. DiMarzio-made IBZ/USA pickups with F3 humbucker at the bridge and a C2 noiseless, stacked single-coil in the neck position, Edge double locking tremolo bridge with Tremel-no device. Super slim maple/rosewood neck with 45mm wide nut

Condition - Refinished in original colour

Paint is the original colour, which is a respray by Martin Simms of Simms custom shop. The previous owner had 'graffed it up' with blue spray from a can. Martin matched the colour from the body cavities. 

3 way switch has been replaced, but original is included.

Comes in an Ibanez hard case from the 90s. 

Frets are in great condition

Hardware is as seen in the pictures

Plays ok, has been in its case 2 years so will definitely benefit from a setup.

PRICE: Offers around £1700 (a bit lower than the US ones on Reverb) - pickup in London, SW2, Brixton preferred; or wait for me to find a suitable box and I can send it to UK addresses only for approx £26. 

TRADES: USA Fender Jaguar with 9.5in radius neck OR A Feline Lion (one of the junior/light ones) 

Model name: 540PⅡ-SH

Body: Basswood 

Neck material: Maple

Scale length: 648mm/ 25½

Fingerboard material: Rosewood w/ binding

Frets: 24 / jumbo

Nut:(45mm)

Top deals and Respekt to these fretboarders! beexter, bluechargeboy, John_BlackWolf
chugington, theguitarist182, DPC, Nige458

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 932
    Can’t buy it, but WOW!

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SvennnSvennn Frets: 146
    Have a wow from me too, only the second one of these I have ever seen.  I didn't know I wanted one of these until now but as much as I try I cannot justify it jumping to the top of the GAS queue.  GLWTS
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
  • The word ‘quite’ in your thread title is doing some pretty heavy lifting. I suggest replacing it with ‘unbelievably’. 

Lovely guitar and I’d I had the money I’d be all over this!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blackrgblackrg Frets: 17
    The word ‘quite’ in your thread title is doing some pretty heavy lifting. I suggest replacing it with ‘unbelievably’. 

Lovely guitar and I’d I had the money I’d be all over this!
    =) Quite Pointy and Unbelievably Big Hair!
    Top deals and Respekt to these fretboarders! beexter, bluechargeboy, John_BlackWolf
    chugington, theguitarist182, DPC, Nige458