SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On hold 1975 Fender Tele Blonde with factory Bigsby

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7454
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
I sold this to a guy on reverb about 4 years ago who has just messaged me to ask if I can shift it for him as he’s selling some guitars , motorbikes and watches . We’ve kept in touch over the past 4 years and he’s a lovely bloke - he only plays at home and really looks after his stuff 

It’s all original bar a replacement nut and a volume pot and originally came from the gent that is @St_Hubbins which is always a good sign as he never has shoddy gear :-)

Its got the original case and candy plus ashtray and cleaning cloth and is in really good condition and most importantly it sounds killer - the bridge pickup is very angry , very Led Zep 1 and the neck very warm and mellow.

It’s a hefty beast , Northern Ash I assume which Fender were keen on in those days , IIRC it’s around 10.5lb so Les Paul Custom weight but maybe that contributes to the sound of the thing as it really growls 

Anyroad here are some pictures from when I originally sold it - Andy (the chap) said it’s never left his house and it looks exactly the same but he’s happy to WhatsApp some photos over to anyone to reassure them 

If you are interested I’ll just put you in touch with him as he isn’t on here - he’s in South East London but can travel a bit if it helps 

The best bit is the price - £2500 for this beauty !

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Bigsbys make everything better
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4919
    That looks lovely....I've got to stop looking at folks selling their guitars as it's just too painful ....if only I woz rich (sigh) :'(

Mind you, 10.5lbs - are you sure that's not a Harley Benton?!  

Lol Rofl GIF - Lol Rofl GIFs
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump for a gorgeous blonde Harley Benton :-)
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 443
    Lovely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1676
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • On hold for a weekend meet up 
  • Sold to a rather handsome Dorchester based fretboarder who in the end couldn’t resist it 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12736
    You might as well cut out the middle man and start buying your own stuff : )
  • munckee said:
    It was too nice a carrot not to be tempted Adam . I’ve bought a wide strap for it and it’s actually not so bad once it’s on your shoulder - it’s getting it up there that is the hard bit !
  • Bump for a gorgeous blonde Harley Benton :-)
    Get some Iron Gears in it, it'll be perfect!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12736
    munckee said:
    It was too nice a carrot not to be tempted Adam . I’ve bought a wide strap for it and it’s actually not so bad once it’s on your shoulder - it’s getting it up there that is the hard bit !
    It looks terrific. I’ve got a strap to spread the weight if it gets too much!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18174
    tFB Trader
    That seems like t a bloody good price.