Index finger / plectrum

OK... how many of you actually have the plectrum touching the SIDE of your index finger when you hold it? I'm talking totally orthogonal to the flat of the finger. Isn't it weird and uncomfortable? Mine is more at an angle of 45 degrees and always has been.. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Mine rarely touches my index finger at all. ;)

I've always held it between my thumb and middle finger.  As I taught myself completely, this never struck me as odd - didn't even notice it was unusual for years.  I notice Mr. Van Halen holds his that way too, so at least I'm not completely alone.

-- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • One thing I do the same as Van Halen (haha, as if!!) is his way of picking where he arches his wrist... but using the index finger instead of middle finger. My middle finger is used for tapping or plucking.
  • kurokuro Frets: 26
    I used to hold the pleccy between thumb and first two or three fingers, but I'm trying to hold it thumb and first to relax my hand more.

Feels damn weird though!