Tab Benoit - anyone listened to him

guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14855
in Music tFB Trader
Discovered Tab Benoit a while ago - But as with many players, with to many other artists to listen to, it is easy to forget about them - But just played. a few albums again recently

Like the guy - Not just another SRV alone - A bit of JJ Cale about him in that the song is often more important than another solo - Plenty of other influences in their as well, be it country, cajan, swamp - And a few very nice covers 

just for starters - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_slWb-UNU
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16439
    https://youtu.be/swrExJnCXPU

Bits from time to time. He does a lot of Louisiana music, more of it’s own thing than a lot of the ‘white cat with a strat’ players do. 
    The original of this song was by the grandfather of Kemah Bob, the comedian who annoys half of Twitter when she goes on House of Games. From back in the days when records could be regional hits in the USA. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 643
    Not quite my thing, but enjoyed his chat with Premier Guitar a couple of years ago. Bit of a motormouth, but a likable one.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1510
    Didn't Eminence make the Delta Demon for him or at least he endorsed it?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23762
    Not sure I've ever heard him, but I know he's the guy with the extremely battered '72 Thinline!
  • I like him, especially the Cajun / Zydeco type stuff. 
  • I introduced my (then, very young) son to him years ago. My boy was still at junior school at the time. His teacher asked his class one day what their favourite songs were. Most replied with the current chart dross, but Shelter Me was what my son piped up with. Proud dad moment.  :-)