Any Matrix users here?

ElxElx Frets: 412
It looks like I will never find a Mesa 20/20 so I have started thinking about alternatives...

Any reason not to use this with a Mesa V-twin rack preamp? The price is fair, but I'd first like to hear from those of you who've tried them...

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Got the 1000 watter. Amazing with an Axe Fx. Clear, uncoloured, simple, well made, loud as fuck, relatively cheap.
    Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
  • I have the 1u GT1000FX. I have never used it with a valve preamp. I am satisfied for my uses though.
  • Jaden uses his GT1000FX with a Silverblade valve preamp at trade shows. Obviously it's pretty hard to tell the detail in a noisy environment like that, but I didn't notice any particular shortcomings in the tone relative to all the Marshalls and Laneys around last time.
    <space for hire>
  • Ive heard demos of a Custom Audio pre into a Matrix and it sounded pretty good.  Ultimately, using the Mesa 20/20 is gonna give SOME valve distortion characteristics (even if its quite small).  If you want that then the Matrix isnt gonna work for you.  If you want a clean volume increase of the input - ie you solely relying on the re to generate you drive, then is works fine.  

It would be more like putting your V-Twin into a 90/100W valve power amp than a 20W one.