Aussie Pink Floyd

BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 968
Went to see the Australian Pink Floyd in Manchester last night. 
Absolute top class musicians, stunning performances form everyone, had a great night. 
If you get a chance to see them, go!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14821
    My musical collaborator has been to the show two or three times. He rates them very highly. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12613
    Saw them years ago on the DSOTM anniversary tour when they performed the album from start to finish, thought they were awesome.  
  • KDSKDS Frets: 222
    I've seen them 3 times, 1st time was around 96/97 at Plymouth Uni on a Tuesday evening. Leaving a lecture walked past the Student Union and saw a sign advertising them on that evening. Popped in for a pint or two, watched them set up, small crowd and sat with band in front of me couple of metres away and played two sets, 'One of these days' to conclude the first set was particularly memorable, was a brilliant gig from start to finish and completely free! Last time I saw them was about 15 yrs ago at Plymouth pavilions. Again very good, but not the same experience as the first time I'd seen them.
  • Went to see them at the BIC a couple of years back and they were superb . Took the father in law for his birthday but won’t go again unless the tickets are a bit cheaper - IIRC it was about £48 per person and I find it hard to pay that for a tribute band , no matter how good they are 
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 796
    I prefer them to Floyd having seen both twice on the basis that aussie floyd play in more reasonably sized venues . Floyd at Wembley were crap because of the venue !