SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Eggle Macon £3,000

What's Hot
mavthelabmavthelab Frets: 28
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Eggle Macon carved top in sunburst.  Twin P90’s.  £3,600, now reduced to £3,400, £3,300, now £3,150, now reduced to a bargain £3,000.

Mint condition.  Studio use only.  sunburst and carved top, with twin staple P90’s.   The P90's are crystal clear and raucous.  Just what you want.  Stunning looking guitar and top notch build quality as always from Patrick.  It has a thin nitro lacquer that is nice and cracked already, giving it that aged look, and a smooth neck that is a perfect medium C.  Very, very playable.  Includes case candy and a Gator case.  

Collection welcome.  Will post at buyers risk and expense.

https://imgur.com/a/zuJDh2c

----------------------------

Ibanez Premium RG1070PBZ.  Sold.

EVH anyone?  This guitar looks the business.  Which is why I bought it about 2 years ago.  I think it's been played about 10 times.  It has pretty lived in the case from new and as we all know happens, was bought on a whim in a weak moment thinking I would explore the type of music this guitar excels at.  The reality is I haven’t explored it yet, so it needs a new home where it will be played.  

If you are interested in this you probably know already what it has, but it features delights to be explored such as, poplar burl, 11pc wizard neck, Wenge fretboard, locking string mechanism and lets face it a very cool whammy bar.  basically its lots of fun!!

I'm not sure how to price this.  Reverb/Ebay suggest anything between £750 for an old knackered one, and £2,500!  I think I paid £1,300 for it new and I'd normally suggest 70% of new is good benchmark for a mint guitar secondhand.  Sensible offers considered at the lower end of that range.  £850?  Message me thoughts.  I’m m open to offers on what is mint guitar.

https://imgur.com/a/7dPjadO

-------------------------------- 
Huber Krauster ii in Worn Copper.  Sold.

If you are looking at this you probably already know what it is. Nik is a master luthier, who trained at PRS, with a small boutique factory in Germany. All his guitars are exquisite - I have been lucky to own a few, and all have been exceptional and this is no exception. If you don't like the build quality of a Gibson, this is the brand for you! 

This particular model has an absolutely gorgeous flame neck.

Home studio use only.

The Krauster ii is hard to find, especially second hand, because they are awesome and they are a real Swiss Army knife - with the P90 in the Neck and an amazing Humbucker in the bridge, you could play an entire set with this one guitar, and cover all the tones you need. It's very light and supremely easy to play, the neck is chunky and extremely comfortable, it fills the palm of your hand and the rolled edges mean you can easily play with thumb over. It's been one of the most comfortable to play guitars I have owned. However GAS has lead me to buy some new guitars and put this on the market. I will miss it.

Excellent condition with the exception of a small chip on the front, which is reflected in the price.  A stray guitar strap clip got the better of me!

https://imgur.com/a/c3SAmEi

Thanks for looking, any questions please ask.
 ------------------------------------------------------------
Novo Serus J, Tempered pine, black,  sold.

Stunning, tempered pine, black Novo Serus J with twin Frail P90's and Mastery bridge.

Light reliced. Maple neck, medium C. 

Legendary guitar and so great to play. Rhett Shulls favourite guitar - same spec, more reserved colouring!

Selling due to another attack of GAS - my rack is overflowing and more guitars are on order.

Includes Novo gig bag.

Home studio use only.

Prefer collection from Ashford, Kent, but will post at buyers expense and risk.

https://imgur.com/a/mae0D3A

-----------------------
PRS Silversky Tungsten.  Now sold.
For sale, PRS Silversky (not SE).  Home studio use only, not gigged.  Very good condition.  Collection in Ashford Kent.  Will ship for £20 more at buyers risk

Pictures here:
https://imgur.com/a/Mj2N0CB

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mavthelabmavthelab Frets: 28
    edited January 2023
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
    edited January 2023
  • Posting now includes Novo.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Posting now includes new guitars.
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    I can’t see a price on your Ibanez 
  • Rich31k said:

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2321
    That Macon looks sweet - Do you know what frets are on there ?
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    mavthelab said:
    Rich31k said:

I don’t know, but it’s a requirement of the forum to have an asking price. 

Best place to look is Reverb or eBay sold prices for similar guitars. 

It’s a great looking guitar, and potential buyers will probably be put off by a lack of an asking price, even if you’re happy to negotiate over it
  • The secondhand prices on reverb and eBay vary so much on this guitar and it’s been discontinued so it is hard to pin down a price: so I was just trying to be fair by putting it out there to see what people who know more than me wanted to pay for it.  In a fair way.  Between consenting adults.

I didn’t expect or understand that this was unacceptable to the forum.

I see the moderator has taken matters into his own hands and taken the advert down for me.  I’ve never been trolled or moderated before.  It’s quite liberating.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    edited January 2023
    mavthelab said:

I’ve never been trolled or moderated before.  It’s quite liberating.
    Glad you're seeing the positive in this :-)

Lovely Macon - I'm hoping to be in the market soon, although think I'll be needing humbuckers...

• Lovely Macon - I'm hoping to be in the market soon, although think I'll be needing humbuckers...

Thanks, it’s a lovely guitar.  And the P90’s are epic.  As a fellow guitarist said to me recently, if you have a great guitar you really like you should immediately buy the same guitar with P90’s.  Great advice.

hopefully at some point I’ll be allowed to put the Ibanez back up for everyone to see as it’s also a nice thing to look at…..
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    mavthelab said:

hopefully at some point I’ll be allowed to put the Ibanez back up for everyone to see as it’s also a nice thing to look at…..
    All it needs is a price - there aren't many rules here, but that's one of them. If you're unsure, just stick a figure in there and invite offers.
    edited February 2023
    Fishboy7 said:
    That Macon looks sweet - Do you know what frets are on there ?
    Hi, the frets on the Macon are medium and tall, Jester 55090.
  • Bump 
  • MbarnezMbarnez Frets: 235
    That Macon….
  • I know, it’s even better in your hands….
    Now includes the Krauster.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    The copper colour is lovely....ironic but I have exactly the same tiny paint chip on mine in exactly the same position caused by the buckle of a guitar strap !
    They must be long lost twins!  And yes that colour is lovely, I’m going to miss it, all round fantastic guitar.

Early spring sale; Macon now reduced, which is also a thing of beauty, especially for those that like an aged sunburst!  And that Ibanez is surely an effective weapon in the rights hands?