24 inch scale Squier Strat with Lap Steel pickup

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
edited November 2022 in Making & Modding
Ive had this little hardtail 24inch scale Squier Strat for ever and it has seen various iterations.

I bought it while on holiday on the Welsh borders, we were visiting Monmouth, where there is a music shop at the top of the town, Mrs B was looking at kittens and fluffy things, so I dived into the shop for a mooch.

Never seen one of these Strats before or since, it was part of a beginners pack, with a little amp etc. Chatting with the owner I remarked it was a shame I couldnt just buy a guitar without the rest of the pack, he split the pack and sold me this little joker….

Body is thin, like Bullets and Mini Strats, hardtail, top loader.

Anyroadup, I drew round the original scratchplate, emailed it to Tim at Gig Ink and he made me one with no pickup or switch holes, I then modded it further to take the Mojo Lap Steel pickup.
I had a spare set of locking tuners and treated it to a pair of round string trees.
Cleaned up a couple of used pots with the solder sucker and wired it up.
I had to make a spacer to go under the bridge and between the neck and body, to get the string action right.

Just need to make a rear cover for the jack socket access…

A bit of fun for a wet Saturday

Sound really good

Pickchers..

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom