Who knows about Quadcopters ?

Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
I rather fancy getting one of those quadcopters with a camera on it.  Does anyone know anything about them ? i.e. whether you can watch live video from them etc ?

No... I have no semi-naked nubile neighbours, for those of you thinking I want to perv with it !
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't own one yet but have messed around with a few at photography meets, DJI Phantom Vision seems to be the standard.. you stream the feed to your iPhone/Droid via an app, its works very well and IMO the vision is a lot better than using a non vison DJI with a gopro attached which is a shame as I love my gopros.. we also came to the conclusion vision was better in low light compared to the gopro.

the follow me tech now is blooming awesome too.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 807
    edited September 2014
    The only thing I know is that www.ebuyer.com sells them.

I bought a USB chargeable micro-helicopter a few years ago, but haven't played with it much. I noticed that the newer models fly properly straight out of the box (trimming not required to prevent rotating ), and they now have flashing LED lights. 

A couple of guys were flying a quadcopter in my local park. I was amazed at how high it climbed, and how long it remained airborne on a single battery charge. Stupidly, I didn't stop to ask which model they had.   
  • Did you see the Channel 4 "Gadget Man" show last week with that guy from the IT Crowd? He was with Phil Jupitus at Leeds Castle messing around with a fancy looking one streaming live to a tablet.

• I saw that Maplins have the DJI phantoms fot under £400.

I've played with a DJI. The image quality is stunning when played back on a laptop.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3538
    edited September 2014
    I like this guys footage from the one I am looking at getting

• Emp_Fab said:
    I rather fancy getting one of those quadcopters with a camera on it.  Does anyone know anything about them ? i.e. whether you can watch live video from them etc ?

No... I have no semi-naked nubile neighbours, for those of you thinking I want to perv with it !
    With 25 mins of battery you could easily find some!